Software testing is conducted to assist testers with information to improvise the quality of the product under testing. The book primarily aims to present testing concepts, principles, practices, methods cum approaches used in practice. The book will help the readers to learn and detect faults in software before delivering it to the end-user. The book is a judicious mix of software testing concepts, principles, methodologies, and tools to undertake a professional course in software testing. The book will be a useful resource for students, academicians, industry experts, and software architects to learn artifacts of testing.
Book discusses the foundation and primary aspects connected to the world of software testing, then it discusses the levels, types, and terminologies associated with software testing. In the further chapters it will give a comprehensive overview of software errors faced in software testing as well as various techniques for error detection, then the test case development and security testing. In the last section of the book discusses the defect tracking, test reports, software automation testing using the Selenium tool and then ISO/IEEE-based software testing standards.
One-stop guide to software testing types, software errors, and planning process
● Presents a comprehensive investigation about the software testing approach in terms of techniques, tools, and standards
● Highlights test case development and defect tracking
● In-depth coverage of test reports development
● Covers the Selenium testing tool in detail
● Comprehensively covers IEEE/ISO/IEC software testing standards
What Will You Learn
With this book, the readers will be able to learn:
Who This Book is For
The readers should have a basic understanding of software engineering concepts, object-oriented programming and basic programming fundamentals.
2. Software Testing Levels, Types, Terms, and Definitions
3. Software Errors
4. Test Planning Process (According to IEEE standard 829)
5. Test Case Development
6. Defect Tracking
7. Types of Test Reports
8. Software Test Automation
9. Understanding the Software Testing Standards