SharePoint Interview Questions and Answers
Authors: Shivprasad Koirala
Publishing Date: January 2009
Dimension: 23.5 X 18 X 1 cm
Book dedicates ten questions which explain how workflow is implemented step by step in share point, salary negotiations; resume making and General aspects to be remembered during an interview, ideal for share point professionals who are looking for quick reference and FAQ, also recommended for share point Interviewers who are looking for what questions to be asked to get better and decent share point professionals, suggested for fresher and students who want to have a feel of what kind of questions are asked during share point interviews.
Ready reckoner for freshers, intermediaries and experts who are appearing for a SharePoint Interview
- Around 400 plus interview questions from live share point interviews.
- Full range of interview questions from Junior SharePoint developer to senior people.
- The book covers significant sections in share points like WSS, Web parts, custom controls and workflows.
- It explains content types and custom data types seamlessly.
WHAT WILL YOU LEARN
- SharePoint in the software company hierarchy
- Resume preparation guidelines
- Salary slip
- Salary negotiation
- Interview rating sheet
WHO THIS BOOK IS FOR
This book is for the power users, site owners or administrators who want to crack the SharePoint interview. The book is though intended for SharePoint developer knowledge, a little understanding of SharePoint is required.
- What is SharePoint
- What are WSS and MOSS
- How does WSS actually work?
- What are site and site collection?
- What is the main advantage of using site collection?
- What is the use of SQL server in SharePoint?
- What is the concept of a virtual path provider?
- What is the concept of ghosting and unghosting in SharePoint?
- What is the concept of safemodeparser in ASP.NET?
- How can I create my first site in SharePoint?
- What is Quick Launch menu?
- We have heard that we can customize SharePoint sites, how do we do that?
- Have we heard it has readymade functional modules for collaboration?
- How can we enable these reusable components in my site?
- How can we display a simple custom page in SharePoint?
- The above page does not look like a standard SharePoint page?
- Above code is entirely inline, how can we implement behind code in SharePoint?
- What is the concept of features in SharePoint?
- Can you explain the broader steps for deploying/ activating a feature?
- I want that the feature should only display to admin?
- How can we provision page template and page instances?
- Why are customized pages parsed using no-compile mode?
- What is safe mode processing and Safe Controls?
- Can you explain the WSS model?
- How can we use custom controls in SharePoint?
- How can you view a detailed error in SharePoint?
- How can we display ASCX control in SharePoint pages?
- What are WebParts and in what ways does it vary in a SharePoint environment?
- What are the different life cycle rents that WebPart goes through?
- What's the difference between WebParts in WSS 2.0 and 3.0?
- Can you explain the six steps we need to create a WebPart in SharePoint?
- How can we implement customization and personalization in WebParts?
- How can we create a custom editor for WebParts?
- SharePoint is about centralizing documents, how similar is to the Windows folder?
- Can we add custom fields to our document library documents?
- What are content types in SharePoint?
- What's the difference between content and custom columns, they do the same thing?
- Can you elaborate more on List and Content Types in SharePoint?
- Which are the various readymade list types that SharePoint provides currently?
- What is Windows Workflow Foundation?
- What is a Workflow?
- What are the different types of Workflow in Windows Workflow Foundation?
- Is SharePoint workflow same as Windows workflow?
- What are the various stages of SharePoint workflow life cycle?
- What is a three-state workflow in SharePoint?
- Does SharePoint only have a three-state workflow?
- How can we create a SharePoint workflow using SharePoint designer?
- What is Infopath?
- In what format is the Infopath form design saved?
- .NET Interview questions
- SQL Server Interview questions
- Project Management Interview questions
- Software Architecture Interview Questions
- JAVA Interview questions
Shivprasad Koirala is a Microsoft ASP.NET MVP, self-employed and mostly into Microsoft technology corporate training. He is hypnotized with training and teaching. Till now he has taken more than 2000 corporate training, 80 published books written, with more than 1000 articles.
His LinkedIn profile: https://in.linkedin.com/in/shivkoirala