Software Engineering has taken massive strides with a multitude of technology innovations. With several changes being introduced – development of products and their integration into the market – understanding of mobile devices and user interface channels across a plethora of platforms is getting complex day by day. In addition, since the process or procedures of software testing for products and applications can become an act of boiling the ocean, the role of test automation is crucial while dealing with such challenges. This book aims to equip you with just enough knowledge of Selenium in conjunction with concepts you need to master to succeed in the role of Selenium Automation Engineer. It is the most widely used test automation tool and a much sought-after automated testing suite, by automation engineers who are equipped with technical expertise and analytical skills, for web applications across different browsers and platforms.
Step-by-step guide to understand key concepts for Selenium Automation using examples to shine in your interview for test automation roles
• Acquire Selenium skills to do independent test automation projects
• Learn the basics of Selenium Web Driver for test automation using Selenium
• Understand Page Object Model, including how and when they're used in test automation
• Understand the approach for building a test automation framework
• Learn how to report and integrate with CI tools for test automation
• Get some professional tips for handing interviews and test automation approach
• Implement cross-browser testing scenarios using Selenium Grid and commercial tools and services
What Will You Learn
By the end of the book, you will find several examples to help ignite your understanding and usage of Selenium across a myriad of languages and frameworks. With this, you’ll be able to put your knowledge to practice and solve real-life test automation challenges such as testing a web site, mobile application and leveraging tools available for fast-tracking your test automation approach. You can also choose to practice additional examples provided in the code bundle of the book to master the concepts and techniques explained in this book.
Who This Book is For
The book is intended for anyone looking to make a career in test automation using Selenium, all aspiring manual testers who want to learn the most powerful test automation framework – Selenium and associated programming languages – or working professionals who want to switch their career to testing. While no prior knowledge of Selenium, test automation or related technologies is assumed, it will be helpful to have some programming experience to understand the concepts explained in this book.
- Introduction to Test Automation
- Introduction to Selenium
- Understanding Selenium Architecture
- Understanding Selenium Tools
- Understanding Web UI
- Web UI Automation with Selenium Using Java & Python
- Building a Test Automation Framework with Selenium
- Advanced Features of Selenium Using Java & Python
- Cross-Browser Test Automation
- Tips and Tricks for Test Automation
- Interview Tips