Rapid SaaS Application Development Using Salesforce
Authors: Tameem Bahri
Publishing Date: 27th Dec 2023
Dimension: 7.5*9.25 Inches
Book Type: Paperback
This book is a practical guide for building secure, scalable, and performant SaaS applications on top of the Salesforce platform. Learn how to dissect a business problem and extract non-communicated requirements. Gain practical knowledge on designing and documenting a Salesforce application using the right mix of low-code development tools such as flows, validation rules, and formula fields and full-code using APEX, Lightning Components, and off-platform modules.
Start with the fundamental concepts of the Salesforce platform and its SaaS application development capabilities. Learn key building blocks like objects, fields, and security models, explore powerful tools like App Builder and Flow Builder, and master the principles of the Salesforce app development lifecycle.
The book will use real-life business scenarios to practically teach you foundational information and skills that you can use to develop enterprise-ready applications. You will gain critical knowledge and skills to put you on track for your journey toward the prestigious Salesforce Certified Technical Architect credentials.
- Practice the Salesforce rapid application development lifecycle.
- Gain crucial application development skills and knowledge.
- Build a real-world Phonebook application to master the development cycle.
WHAT YOU WILL LEARN
- Develop scalable, extendable, and performant Salesforce applications.
- Build a fully functional Phonebook application and experience the entire development cycle.
- Design and document a Salesforce application efficiently and effectively using standard artifacts.
- Test and release your Salesforce application.
- Build a lively feedback loop with your application’s end users.
WHO THIS BOOK IS FOR
This book is for citizen developers, business analysts, SaaS application developers, salesforce developers and architects, and anyone interested in developing SaaS applications to solve enterprise business problems or to become Salesforce Certified Technical Architects.
- Introduction to the Salesforce Platform
- Deep Dive into Key Building Blocks and Tools
- Develop a Sample Salesforce Application: PbP Phonebook
- Learn the Salesforce Application Development Lifecycle
- Understand the Supporting Tools and Artifacts
- Create a Sample Application: Define and Refine the Requirements
- Create a Sample Application: Solve and Build the Application - Part 1
- Create a Sample Application: Solve and Build the Application - Part 2
- Create a Sample Application: Test and Deploy
- Tips and Tricks and the Way Forward
Tameem Bahri is the Technology Leader for the CRM and CIAM platforms at A.P. Moller - Maersk and was formerly the European Chief Technology Officer for the Salesforce COE at Capgemini. He is an experienced technology specialist with a demonstrated history of working in the information technology and services industry with over 20 years of experience across Business Transformation, Digital Services, Innovation, Process design and redesign, Enterprise System Security, Identity and Access Management (IAM) Strategy and Enterprise Solution Architecture.
Tameem Bahri is a Salesforce Certified Technical Architect (CTA) and the author of other books concerning Salesforce architecture and solutions. Tameem is a public speaker who participated in multiple events, such as DreamForce, the Data Innovation Forum, and the Tunisia Digital Summit.