Authors: Adam Aspin
Publishing Date: July 2022
Dimension: 7.5*9.25 Inches
Book Type: Paperback
Employ analytics in relational databases to advance your career
- Use of multiple MariaDB datasets to gain hands-on experience with data analysis principles.
- Extensive examples take the reader through all levels of SQL skill, from novice to expert.
- Includes methods and techniques for doing complex database queries in MariaDB.
This book will take you on an engaging experience to understand SQL querying from the most basic to the most expert level, using various SQL techniques to extract valuable insights from your MariaDB databases. The adventure will begin with the most basic level and end with the most professional level.
This book's first section provides an introduction to the fundamental concepts of both SQL and MariaDB. It then guides users through building queries using simple and then more complex table joins and progressively more powerful data filtering to generate advanced queries utilizing various SQL techniques. The reader will understand MariaDB database analysis better by learning the basics of SQL computation, relational logic, and data grouping and aggregation. Also covered are SQL basics like formatting queries, making subqueries, making derived tables, joining and filtering tables, etc. In addition, the book explains how to conduct rolling analysis, investigate time-series data, and manage enormous and complex MariaDB datasets.
When readers have finished the book, they can devise their techniques for analyzing relational MariaDB datasets and acquiring the necessary insights.
WHAT YOU WILL LEARN
- Examine SQL principles such as table joins, data filtering, query design, and table derivation.
- Make it simpler to manipulate data that is dispersed across multiple tables.
- Use basic math and logic, multiple filters, and data aggregation to look at the data.
- Learn to use table expressions, subqueries, and complex calculations well.
- Utilize sophisticated techniques for rolling analysis and time series analysis.
WHO THIS BOOK IS FOR
This book is for MariaDB users and data professionals, including database developers, SQL developers, data analysts, and BI specialists, who wish to design complicated queries and extract the needed insights from their datasets.
- Writing Basic SQL Queries
- Using Multiple Tables When Querying Data
- Using Advanced Table Joins
- Filtering Data
- Applying Complex Filters to Queries
- Making Simple Calculations
- Aggregating Output
- Working with Dates in MariaDB
- Formatting Text in Query Output
- Formatting Numbers and Dates
- Using Basic Logic to Enhance Analysis
- Derived Tables
- Common Table Expressions
- Correlated Subqueries
- Dataset Manipulation
- Using SQL for More Advanced Calculations
- Segmenting and Classifying Data
- Rolling Analysis
- Analyzing Data Over Time
- Complex Data Output
Adam Aspin is an independent Business Intelligence (BI) consultant based in the United Kingdom. A graduate of Oxford University, Adam is a database and analytics specialist. He is a frequent contributor to SQLServerCentral.com and Simple Talk and is a regular speaker at MariaDB User Groups, SQL Saturdays, Power BI Meetups and conferences such as SQL Bits.