Multi-Cloud Administration Guide
Authors: Jeroen Mulder
Publishing Date: 8th Aug 2023
Dimension: 7.5*9.25 Inches
Book Type: Paperback
In today's landscape, organizations are embracing multi-cloud strategies to harness the advantages offered by multiple cloud providers. If you want to develop the necessary skills and expertise in managing multi-cloud environments, then this book is tailor-made for you.
This is a comprehensive guide that equips you with the knowledge and skills needed to manage multiple cloud environments effectively. The book begins by exploring the Cloud Adoption Frameworks, providing a solid foundation for understanding multi-cloud strategies. It then covers topics such as virtualizing and managing connectivity, storage, and compute resources across different clouds. The book also discusses creating interoperability, managing data in a multi-cloud environment, and building and operating cloud-native applications. Lastly, it covers containerization, serverless computing, access management, security, and automating compliance.
By the end of the book, you will be equipped with the necessary knowledge and skills to confidently navigate the complexities of multi-cloud administration.
- Get familiar with the various components involved in establishing a multi-cloud architecture.
- Acquire the skills to effectively manage multi-cloud environments.
- Establish guardrails and guidelines to ensure interoperability and security across multiple cloud platforms.
WHAT YOU WILL LEARN
- Gain expertise in efficiently managing applications, data, and environments within multi-cloud platforms.
- Familiarize yourself with the setup and management of cloud-native technologies.
- Learn how to implement robust security measures for cloud platforms.
- Understand the importance of maintaining compliance and adhering to regulatory standards.
- Develop strategies for achieving seamless interoperability in a multi-cloud environment.
WHO THIS BOOK IS FOR
This book is for cloud architects, system architects, solution architects, cloud admins and cloud professionals. Having a basic understanding of cloud technology and IT infrastructure would be an added advantage.
- Using the Cloud Adoption Frameworks
- Virtualizing and Managing Connectivity
- Virtualizing and Managing Storage
- Virtualizing and Managing Compute
- Creating Interoperability
- Managing Data in Multi-Cloud
- Build and Operate Cloud Native
- Building Agnostic with Containers
- Building and Managing Serverless
- Managing Access Management
- Managing Security
- Automating Compliancy
After his study in Journalism, Jeroen Mulder (born in 1970) started his career as editor for the economic pages of Dutch agricultural newspapers. From 1998, he got involved in internet projects for Reed Business Information, in creating websites and digital platforms. Highly attracted by the possibilities of the new digital era and the booming business of internet, Jeroen decided to pursue a career in digital technologies. In 2000, he joined the IT company Origin, as communication specialist in a group designing and developing cross media platforms. Origin evolved to AtoS where he fulfilled many roles, lastly as principal architect.
In 2017, he joined the Japanese IT services company Fujitsu as Senior Lead Architect, with focus on cloud and cloud native technology. From May 2020, he held the position of Head of Applications and Multi-Cloud Services for Fujitsu Netherlands, leading a group of frontrunners in digital transformation. Then Philips knocked on his door. In 2021 and 2022, he was assigned Principal Cloud Architect at Philips Precision Diagnosis. Yet, Jeroen returned to Fujitsu in the summer of 2022 as Principal Consultant for the Global Technology Solutions Business Group, focusing on hybrid IT.