Modern Cybersecurity Strategies for Enterprises
Authors: Ashish Mishra
Publishing Date: Aug 2022
Dimension: 7.5*9.25 Inches
Book Type: Paperback
Security is a shared responsibility, and we must all own it
- Expert-led instructions on the pillars of a secure corporate infrastructure and identifying critical components.
- Provides Cybersecurity strategy templates, best practices, and recommendations presented with diagrams.
- Adopts a perspective of developing a Cybersecurity strategy that aligns with business goals.
Once a business is connected to the Internet, it is vulnerable to cyberattacks, threats, and vulnerabilities. These vulnerabilities now take several forms, including Phishing, Trojans, Botnets, Ransomware, Distributed Denial of Service (DDoS), Wiper Attacks, Intellectual Property thefts, and others.
This book will help and guide the readers through the process of creating and integrating a secure cyber ecosystem into their digital business operations. In addition, it will help readers safeguard and defend the IT security infrastructure by implementing the numerous tried-and-tested procedures outlined in this book.
The tactics covered in this book provide a moderate introduction to defensive and offensive strategies, and they are supported by recent and popular use-cases on cyberattacks. The book provides a well-illustrated introduction to a set of methods for protecting the system from vulnerabilities and expert-led measures for initiating various urgent steps after an attack has been detected. The ultimate goal is for the IT team to build a secure IT infrastructure so that their enterprise systems, applications, services, and business processes can operate in a safe environment that is protected by a powerful shield.
This book will also walk us through several recommendations and best practices to improve our security posture. It will also provide guidelines on measuring and monitoring the security plan's efficacy.
WHAT YOU WILL LEARN
- Adopt MITRE ATT&CK and MITRE framework and examine NIST, ITIL, and ISMS recommendations.
- Understand all forms of vulnerabilities, application security mechanisms, and deployment strategies.
- Know-how of Cloud Security Posture Management (CSPM), Threat Intelligence, and modern SIEM systems.
- Learn security gap analysis, Cybersecurity planning, and strategy monitoring.
- Investigate zero-trust networks, data forensics, and the role of AI in Cybersecurity.
- Comprehensive understanding of Risk Management and Risk Assessment Frameworks.
WHO THIS BOOK IS FOR
Professionals in IT security, Cybersecurity, and other related fields working to improve the organization's overall security will find this book a valuable resource and companion.
This book will guide young professionals who are planning to enter Cybersecurity with the right set of skills and knowledge.
Section - I: Overview and Need for Cybersecurity
- Overview of Information Security and Cybersecurity
- Aligning Security with Business Objectives and Defining CISO Role
Section - II: Building Blocks for a Secured Ecosystem and Identification of Critical Components
- Next-generation Perimeter Solutions
- Next-generation Endpoint Security
- Security Incident Response (IR) Methodology
- Cloud Security & Identity Management
- Vulnerability Management and Application Security
- Critical Infrastructure Component of Cloud and Data Classification
Section - III: Assurance Framework (the RUN Mode) and Adoption of Regulatory Standards
- Importance of Regulatory Requirements and Business Continuity
- Risk management- Life Cycle
- People, Process, and Awareness
- Threat Intelligence & Next-generation SIEM Solution
- Cloud Security Posture Management (CSPM)
Section - IV: Cybersecurity Strategy Guidelines, Templates, and Recommendations
- Implementation of Guidelines & Templates
- Best Practices and Recommendations
Ashish Mishra is a seasoned IT professional with more than 18 years of experience in the industry. He holds a strong grip and command of IT (Information Technology) and IS (Information Security) Domain, and is experienced with managing large IT & IS Operations, Strategy building, Transformation journey, Project & Program Management, and Service Delivery.
His technical areas of expertise include but are not limited to Public Cloud, Private Cloud, Cloud Security, Network Security, SASE, and Zero Trust.
With the thought process of “Continuous learning is the key to success” he possesses more than 100+ professional certifications across various technologies and platforms around Public and Private Cloud, Cloud Security, Information Security, Cyber Security, Compliance, Infrastructure management, Leadership, Project management, and many more.LinkedIn profile: Ashish Mishra