MATLAB and Simulink In-Depth
Priyanka Patankar, Swapnil Kulkarni
Authors: Priyanka Patankar, Swapnil Kulkarni
Publishing Date: Aug 2022
Dimension: 7.5*9.25 Inches
Book Type: Paperback
Model-based Development: Beginner’s Approach
- Includes numerous practical examples and troubleshooting hints on using Simulink
- An extensive development guide on MATLAB, Simulink, and Stateflow principles.
- Effective instructions for passing MATLAB modeling interviews and examinations
MATLAB and Simulink In-Depth' is a thorough introduction to MATLAB, Simulink, and Stateflow principles. It establishes a solid foundation for methodologies commonly employed in model-based development. The book demonstrates how readers can perform algorithm construction and assessment faster than ever. The book covers most contemporary issues with real-world examples.
The book begins with MATLAB experience by configuring the system environment. Then, it will help readers to get acquainted with MATLAB's history and key features. The book helps in getting familiar with the desktop user interface and fundamental instructions of MATLAB, as well as data visualization. It helps to investigate Simulink's core features, configuration settings, and libraries. It explains the step-by-step process to design and simulate a basic Simulink model. It also helps to investigate advanced modeling techniques, including custom libraries, model referencing, and subsystems. In addition, the book explains the construction of test environments and model simulation. It explores Stateflow topics such as flow graphs, hierarchical models, conditions, actions, and transitions.
WHAT YOU WILL LEARN
- Work with MATLAB syntax, commands, functions, and libraries and with the user interface and visualization.
- Create fundamental models, configure model parameters, and utilize libraries.
- Perform model referencing, simulation, visualization and debugging with Simulink.
- Familiarize yourself with Stateflow, flow graph, Statechart, truth table, including states, actions, transitions and junctions.
- Implement the hierarchical state model, perform event-based execution, parsing, and debugging operations.
WHO THIS BOOK IS FOR
This book has been prepared keeping in mind the needs of students, teachers, researchers, professionals as well as technology enthusiasts. This book has been written primarily for beginners to help them realize the essential principles and capabilities of MATLAB, Simulink, and Stateflow. After reading this book, the reader will have a solid foundation of Model-based design and Simulation. Having basic programming skills will make the learning process more efficient and fun.
Section I: MATLAB
- Introduction to MATLAB
- MATLAB Desktop Interface
- MATLAB Basics
- Programming basics, Control Flow and Visualization
Section II: Simulink
- Introduction to Simulink
- Simulink Editor with Environment
- Library Browser Overview
- Configuration Parameter Settings
- Advanced Modelling Techniques- I
- Advanced Modelling Techniques- II
Section III: Stateflow
- Getting started with Stateflow
- Flow Graph
- Statechart and Hierarchical State Model
- Event-Based Execution
- Stateflow Parsing and Debugging
Priyanka Patankar is a Technical Project Manager in the automotive industry with over 11+ years of extensive experience in Software development usingMATLAB model-based engineering approach. She has completed her M.Tech in Software Systems from Birla Institute of Technology and Science, Pilani. Since the beginning of her career, she has had opportunities to work with leading carmakers on body and comfort ECU software development. After landing her dream job with a world-leading German carmaker, she has been consistently delivering work products for upcoming luxury cars and sharing the knowledge with her team. Through this book, she wants to bring her experience to the application by inspiring the readers to learn MATLAB and reduce the knowledge gap between industry needs and education. She spends her free time exploring her love for German language as well as novel aspects of motherhood. She also loves to travel to new destinations, where she clicks photographs and shares them on her travel blog.
LinkedIn Profile: Priyanka Patankar
Swapnil Kulkarni is working as a Technical Project Manager in the automotive industry. He has more than 12 years of strong experience working in MATLAB. He has worked in several domains, such as Body controllers, climate control modules and Infotainment systems for various car manufacturers. He is also leading a team for patterns and architecture, where he is responsible for validating different types of model architectures and creating new patterns with reusable libraries. He has accomplished several assignments on Tool development and model architecture design with a leading carmaker in Germany. Besides working, he regularly plays lawn tennis, table tennis, and cricket. He also holds a special interest in Hindustani Indian classical music.
Linkedin Profile: Swapnil Kulkarni