Learning Elasticsearch 7.x
Publishing Date: December 2020
Dimension: 7.5 * 9.25
In the modern Information Technology age, we are flooded with loads of data so we should know how to handle those data and transform them to fetch meaningful information. This book is here to help you manage the data using Elasticsearch.
The book starts by covering the fundamentals of Elasticsearch and the concept behind it. After the introduction, you will learn how to install Elasticsearch on different platforms. You will then get to know about Index Management where you will learn to create, update, and delete Elasticsearch indices. Then you will understand how the Query DSL works and how to write some complex search queries using the Query DSL. After completing these basic features, you will move to some advanced topics. Under advanced topics, you will learn to handle Geodata which can be used to plot the data on a map. The book then focuses on Data Analysis using Aggregation. You will then learn how to tune Elasticsearch performance. The book ends with a chapter on Elasticsearch administration.
A step-by-step guide that will teach you how to use Elasticsearch in your application effectively
- Get familiar with the core concepts of Elasticsearch.
- Understand how the search engine works and how Elasticsearch is different from other similar tools.
- Learn to install Elasticsearch on different operating systems.
- Get familiar with the components of Elastic Stack such as Kibana, Logstash, and Beats, etc.
- Learn how to import data from different sources such as RDBMS, and files, etc
WHAT YOU WILL LEARN
- Learn how to create and manage a cluster
- Work with different components of Elastic Stack
- Review the list of top Information Security certifications.
- Get to know more about Elasticsearch Index Management.
- Understand how to improve the performance by tuning Elasticsearch
WHO THIS BOOK IS FOR
This book is for developers, architects, DBA, DevOps, and other readers who want to learn Elasticsearch efficiently and want to apply that in their application whether it is a new one or an existing one. It is also beneficial to those who want to play with their data using Elasticsearch. Basic computer programming is a prerequisite.
- Getting started with Elasticsearch
- Installation Elasticsearch
- Working with Elastic Stack
- Preparing your data
- Importing Data into Elasticsearch
- Managing Your Index
- Apply Search on Your Data
- Handling Geo with Elasticsearch
- Aggregating Your Data
- Improving the Performance
- Administer Elasticsearch
Anurag Srivastava works as Deputy Manager in the R&D centre of an air conditioning company. With 14+ years of experience in the software industry, he has led and handled teams and clients for more than 7 years. He is well experienced with the Elastic Stack for creating dashboards using system metrics data, log data, application data, or relational databases.
He is a regular blogger on technical subjects, which can be found at bqstack or medium.
Blog links: https://bqstack.com/p/o/profile/54
LinkedIn Profile: https://www.linkedin.com/in/anubioinfo/