Data Warehouse and Data Mining
Dr. Jugnesh Kumar
Authors: Dr. Jugnesh Kumar
Dimension: 7.5*9.25 Inches
Book Type: Paperback
Data warehouse and data mining are essential technologies in the field of data analysis and business intelligence. Data warehouse provides a centralized repository of structured data and facilitates data storage and retrieval. Data mining, on the other hand, utilizes various algorithms and techniques to extract valuable patterns, trends, and insights from large datasets.
The book explains the ins and outs of data warehousing by discussing its principles, benefits, and components, differentiating it from traditional databases. The readers will explore warehouse architecture, learn to navigate OLTP and OLAP systems, grasping the crux of the difference between ROLAP and MOLAP. The book is designed to help you discover data mining secrets with techniques like classification and clustering. You will be able to advance your skills by handling multimedia, time series, and text, staying ahead in the evolving data mining landscape.
By the end of this book, you will be equipped with the skills and knowledge to confidently translate business questions into actionable strategies, extracting valuable insights for informed decisions.
- Explore concepts ranging from fundamentals to advanced techniques of data warehouses and data mining.
- Translate business questions into actionable strategies to make informed decisions.
- Gain practical implementation guidance for hands-on learning.
WHAT YOU WILL LEARN
- Designing and building efficient data warehouses
- Handling diverse data types for comprehensive insights
- Mastering various data mining techniques
- Translating business questions into mining strategies
- Techniques for pattern discovery and knowledge extraction
WHO THIS BOOK IS FOR
From aspiring data analysts, data professionals, IT managers, to business intelligence practitioners, this book caters to a diverse audience
- Introduction to Data Warehousing
- Data Warehouse Process and Architecture
- Data Warehouse Implementation
- Data Mining Definition and Task
- Data Mining Query Languages
- Data Mining Techniques
- Mining Complex Data Objects
Dr. Jugnesh Kumar is working as a professor in the Computer Science and Engineering department at Echelon Institute of Technology, Faridabad. He has more than 18 years of teaching experience. He holds an M.Tech and PhD in computer science and engineering. He has successfully organized international and national-level conferences. He has published more than 35 articles in Scopus-indexed, SCI-high-impact journals and international conferences.