Data Structures and Algorithms with Go
Authors: Dušan Stojanović
Dimension: 6*9 Inches
Book Type: Paperback
Go, designed by Google, is a modern, open-source language known for its simplicity, readability, and efficiency. It excels at building web applications, network tools, and cloud services. Its clear syntax and built-in concurrency features make it a popular choice for modern developers.
This guide simplifies the basics by introducing arrays, lists, stacks, queues, maps, trees, and graphs in a practical way. Get hands-on experience, understand essential operations, and compare strengths and weaknesses. Perfect your skills with searching, sorting, and efficient data retrieval techniques. Traverse graphs and trees with ease, all illustrated in the Go code for real-world application, and conclude with insights for ongoing learning.
After reading this book, the reader can determine when and why specific data structures should be used and when an algorithm best fits the actual problem’s solution.
- Become familiar with common data structures.
- Learn and understand the most popular algorithms through practical examples.
- Recognize when a particular data structure or algorithm should be used to create an efficient software solution.
WHAT YOU WILL LEARN
- Decide which data structure is the most suitable for a particular problem.
- Implement different algorithms with the Go programming language.
- Recognize which algorithm is best suited for certain scenarios.
- Utilize data structures and algorithm implementations from Go’s standard library.
- Learn how real-life problems can be solved and simulated.
WHO THIS BOOK IS FOR
The book targets beginners and experienced developers who want to learn how to implement particular algorithms. It is also helpful for developers who wish to expand their knowledge of data structures and algorithms.
- Fundamentals of Data Structures and Algorithms
- Arrays and Algorithms for Searching and Sorting
- Stack and Queue
- Hashing and Maps
- Trees and Traversal Algorithms
- Graphs and Traversal Algorithms
Dušan Stojanović was born on May 27, 1989 in Smederevo, Serbia and raised in Baničina. He attended the University of Belgrade and received a Master’s degree in computer science in 2013. Since then, he has been working in software development, playing central roles in numerous projects, such as user administration, online school platforms, e-commerce solutions, videostreaming platforms, and advertising solutions as a software engineer. His first book, Building Server-side and Microservices with Go was published in 2021. Furthermore, he has published and written several technical articles on microservice development with Go and related topics. Currently, he lives in Belgrade (Serbia), working as a senior software developer.