Building Cross-Platform Apps with Flutter and Dart
Authors: Deven Joshi
Publishing Date: 31st May 2023
Dimension: 7.5*9.25 Inches
Book Type: Paperback
Flutter and Dart have emerged as a powerful duo that empowers developers to create stunning and feature-rich apps for Android, iOS, and web platforms from a single codebase. By leveraging Flutter's rich set of customizable widgets and Dart's reactive programming model, you can create visually appealing and interactive user interfaces that feel native on both iOS and Android devices.
This book adopts a hands-on approach to help you progress from fundamental to advanced concepts in Flutter development, establishing a solid foundation along the way. It will teach you how to create elegant user interfaces, utilize Flutter's Widget library, and incorporate captivating animations for enhanced user experience. It will also guide you through building apps that work seamlessly on all supported Flutter platforms, saving you time and effort. Additionally, you'll explore state management techniques for efficient app state handling and scalable applications. Following that, the book explores the process of connecting REST APIs and seamlessly integrating Firebase into your Flutter applications. It also includes testing and debugging techniques to ensure code quality and reliability. Lastly, it will guide publishing and distributing your app, covering code signing, release management, and app distribution to app stores.
By the end of this book, you will have the confidence and expertise to develop cross-platform apps efficiently.
- Design visually striking UI with engaging animations using the Dynamic UI Capabilities of Flutter.
- Understand why Dart is an ideal choice for cross-platform app development.
- Learn how to secure, test, deploy and publish your Flutter apps.
WHAT YOU WILL LEARN
- Get familiar with different features of the Dart programming language.
- Learn how to leverage the vast collection of pre-built widgets provided by Flutter.
- Get tips to enhance the security of your Flutter app.
- Learn how to implement basic and advanced animations in Flutter.
- Explore various state management techniques in Flutter.
WHO THIS BOOK IS FOR
This book is for beginner and experienced developers who aspire to master Flutter and advance their cross-platform app development skills. It is also for mobile app developers who wish to harness Flutter's capabilities for creating apps across multiple platforms. Additionally, web developers interested in transitioning into mobile app development using the Flutter framework will find valuable insights.
- An Overview of Dart
- Data Types
- Conditionals and Loops
- Functions and Classes
- Asynchronous Programming
- Why Flutter?
- Installing Flutter
- Flutter Project Structure and Package Ecosystem
- Diving into Widgets
- Basic Widgets and Layouts
- Networking in Flutter
- Local Data Persistence
- Theming, Navigation, and State Management
- Advanced Flutter - Animations
- Advanced Flutter - Under the Hood
- Writing Tests in Flutter
- Popular Flutter Packages
- Deploying Applications
Deven Joshi is an avid app developer who loves all things mobile. Tinkering with Flutter since its early days, he is heavily involved in the Flutter community and has open-source contributions including apps, articles, videos, and packages. He has worked with several startups and companies across multiple domains helping them build out their Flutter products. He is an active Flutter evangelist speaking about the topic at various local and international conferences. He is currently a Developer Advocate at Stream and specializes in their Flutter SDKs. Based on all his contributions to Flutter, he is recognized by Google as a Google Developer Expert (GDE) in Flutter and Dart.