Blockchain in Telecom
Shibaji Sankar Biswas
Authors: Shibaji Sankar Biswas
Publishing Date: October2021
Dimension: 6*9 Inches
Exploring the future of the Telecom industry with the power of Blockchain technology.
- Less technical jargons with a simplified understanding of the complex Blockchain architecture.
- In-depth conversations with visuals on using Blockchain and other emerging technologies in the telecom industry.
- Includes industry applications and use-cases on combining Blockchain with 5G, IoT, Cloud, and AI/ML.
‘Blockchain in Telecom’ delves deeper into the Blockchain architecture and its potential benefits of implementation in the telecommunications industry. This book also provides an overview of how blockchain supports 5G, IoT, Cloud, and AI/ML in telecom businesses.
The purpose of this book is to educate readers about the capabilities of Blockchain technology and how it can be used to address several complex issues in the telecommunications industry, including international roaming, inter-carrier settlement, real-time billing, spectrum allocation, managing KYC, and mobile/e-payment solutions in today's business environment. Additionally, novel revenue-generating business models, such as B2B2X, content provider, and underutilized service monetization, are discussed in length throughout this book.
Readers will benefit from reading the chapters as they establish plans for integrating Blockchain technology into the telecoms industry alongside other new technologies such as 5G and IoT, as well as AI/ML, cloud computing, and edge computing. Additionally, this book will help them in managing implementation plans through risk mitigation for implementation and migration.
WHAT YOU WILL LEARN
- Explore the quick and accurate inter-carrier settlement without a central clearing house.
- Learn how to reduce roaming frauds by adopting Blockchain.
- Explore how blockchain makes eKYC smarter, payment systems, and management of personal data easier.
- Learn how to manage CDR data storage with the most efficiency.
- Learn to grasp blockchain integration in the telecom sector with 5G, IoT, and AI/ML.
WHO THIS BOOK IS FOR
This book is aimed at CIOs/technology managers/general policymakers who need a high-level holistic picture of the possible role of blockchain technology in telecommunications decision-making in the adoption of Blockchain. No in-depth or technical expertise of Blockchain technology is required; however, exposure or overview will help.
- The Case for Blockchain
- How blockchain technology is disrupting the telco industry
- Blockchain’s potential for the telecom industry
- Realtime Billing problem
- Proof of History
Blockchain in Contemporary Telco Operations
- CDR and storage
- Call Roaming
- Unused Service Monetization
- Fraud prevention
- Personal Data Management
- E-com/ mobile payments
- KYC & Data Management
Blockchain in the Futuristic Telco Ecosystem
- Integration with 5G
- Integration with IoT
- Integration with AI/ML
Shibaji is an IT professional with more than a decade of experience in IT and data center management, migration planning, implementation governance, service delivery, data engineering, and data architecture. In recent years he has been actively involved in planning and designing the data pipelines for data analytical activities. Shibaji is an engineering graduate in Computer Science and a postgraduate in Information Security, and IT management. He also has several certifications in Blockchain Architecture and Development, Data Science, Machine Learning, and Cloud.LinkedIn Profile: Shibaji