Artificial Intelligence for Managers
Malay A. Upadhyay
Authors: Malay A. Upadhyay
Publishing Date: September 2020
Most AI initiatives in organizations fail today not because of a lack of good AI solutions, but because of a lack of understanding of AI among its end users, decision makers and investors. Today, organizations need managers who can leverage AI to solve business problems and provide a competitive advantage. This book is designed to enable you to fill that need, and create an edge for your career.
The chapters offer unique managerial frameworks to guide an organization's AI journey. The first section looks at what AI is; and how you can prepare for it, decide when to use it, and avoid pitfalls on the way. The second section dives into the different AI techniques and shows you where to apply them in business. The final section then prepares you from a strategic AI leadership perspective to lead the future of organizations.
By the end of the book, you will be ready to offer any organization the capability to use AI successfully and responsibly - a need that is fast becoming a necessity.
Understand how to adopt and implement AI in your organization
- 7 Principles of an AI Journey
- The TUSCANE Approach to Become Data Ready
- The FAB-4 Model to Choose the Right AI Solution
- Major AI Techniques & their Applications
- CART & Ensemble Learning
- Clustering, Association Rules & Search
- Reinforcement Learning
- Natural Language Processing
- Image Recognition
What Will You Learn
- Understand the major AI techniques & how they are used in business.
- Determine which AI technique(s) can solve your business problem.
- Decide whether to build or buy an AI solution.
- Estimate the financial value of an AI solution or company.
- Frame a robust policy to guide the responsible use of AI.
Who This Book is For
This book is for Executives, Managers and Students on both Business and Technical teams who would like to use Artificial Intelligence effectively to solve business problems or get an edge in their careers.
- About the Author
- Section 1: Beginning an AI Journey
- AI Fundamentals
- 7 Principles of an AI Journey
- Getting Ready to Use AI
- Section 2: Choosing the Right AI Techniques
- Inside the AI Laboratory
- How AI Predicts Values & Categories
- How AI Understands and Predicts Behaviors & Scenarios
- How AI Communicates & Learns from Mistakes
- How AI Starts to Think Like Humans
- Section 3: Using AI Successfully & Responsibly
- AI Adoption & Valuation
- AI Strategy, Policy & Risk Management
Malay A. Upadhyay is a Customer Journey executive, certified in Machine Learning. Over the course of his role heading the function at a N. American AI SaaS firm in Toronto, Malay trained 150+ N. American managers on the basics of AI and its successful adoption, held executive thought leadership sessions for CEOs and CHROs on AI strategy & IT modernization roadmaps, and worked as the primary liaison to realize AI value on unique customer datasets. It was here that he learnt the growing need for greater knowledge and awareness of how to use AI both responsibly and successfully.
Malay was also one of 25 individuals chosen globally to envision the industrial future for the Marzotto Group, Italy, on its 175th anniversary. He holds an MBA, M.Sc. and B.E., with experiences across India, UAE, Italy and Canada.
A Duke of Edinburgh awardee, Malay has been driving the subject of responsible AI management as an advisor, author, online instructor and member of the European AI Alliance that informed the HLEG on the European Commission’s AI policy. At other times, he remains a Fly that loves to travel and blog with Mrs. Fly.
Your Website/Blog links: www.TheUpadhyays.com