Python GUI with PyQt
Saurabh Chandrakar, Dr. Nilesh Bhaskarrao Bahadure
Authors: Saurabh Chandrakar, Dr. Nilesh Bhaskarrao Bahadure
Publishing Date: 5th Dec 2023
Dimension: 7.5*9.25 Inches
Book Type: Paperback
Python GUI with PyQt is an invaluable guide for both novice and experienced programmers who want to master the art of creating visually appealing and interactive graphical user interfaces (GUIs) for Python applications using the PyQt5 library and the Qt Designer visual layout tool. It covers all the essential concepts of PyQt5 GUI programming in a comprehensive and beginner-friendly manner.
The book starts with the basics of GUI programming, such as creating windows, using layout managers, and managing signals and events. It then covers more advanced topics, such as creating dialog and message boxes, using container, input, item views, and display widgets. Then it teaches you to connect signals to slots, the cornerstone of event-driven programming, and discover how to utilize Qt Designer, a visual GUI design tool, to streamline the development process. As you progress, delve into the realm of containers, learning to organize and manage widgets with finesse. Explore the vast array of input widgets, enabling users to seamlessly provide data. You finally conclude your journey by mastering the art of display widgets, empowering you to present information with clarity and elegance. The book is also highly interactive, with practical examples and exercises at the end of each chapter. These help you solidify your understanding of the concepts and gain practical experience in PyQt5 GUI programming.
Overall, this is an excellent book for anyone who wants to learn how to create GUI applications in Python using PyQt5 and Qt Designer.
- Learn to develop different GUI widgets using PyQt5 library and Qt Designer with solved examples.
- Get creative and elegant explanations of various concepts with lucid code explanations in Python.
- Discover never-before-seen concepts along with proper justifying comments while programming.
WHAT YOU WILL LEARN
- Practice your code in various IDEs, such as VS Code and Jupyter Notebook.
- Write comments against your code to make it more readable and maintainable.
- Discover different types of widgets available in Qt Designer, such as buttons, labels, text boxes, check boxes, radio buttons, drop-down menus, item views, and container widgets.
- Explore the different layout management options available in PyQt5, such as vertical, horizontal, form, and grid layouts.
- Learn about the unique signals and slots mechanism in PyQt5 for handling events.
- Create dialogs and message boxes using the PyQt5 library. User interaction approaches are covered in detail.
WHO THIS BOOK IS FOR
This book is for students of all levels, whether you're a novice programmer seeking to build your first GUI application or an experienced developer seeking to expand your skillset. From middle school to postgraduate, in any branch of engineering, science, or programming, this book will serve as your indispensable companion in elevating your Python programming prowess.
- Introduction to PyQt5 and Qt Designer Tool
- Getting Insights of Layout Management
- Getting Insights of Events, Signals and Slots
- Getting Insights of Button Widgets in Qt Designer
- Getting Insights of Item Views in Qt Designer
- Getting Insights of Item Widgets (Item-Based) in Qt Designer
- Getting Insights of Containers in Qt Designer
- Getting Insights of Input Widgets in Qt Designer
- Getting Insights of Display Widgets in Qt Designer
Saurabh Chandrakar is a Research & Development Engineer (Dy. Manager) at Bharat Heavy Electricals Limited (BHEL) Hyderabad. He is the winner of the best executive award on Operations Division by BHEL Hyderabad. Recently, he has been awarded the prestigious BHEL Excellence Award under Anusandhan category for Redundant Composite Monitoring System of Power Transformers project. He has 23 copyrights and 3 patent granted. Additionally, he has 4 patents filed. Moreover, he has published 5 books in reputed publications such as BPB New Delhi (Programming Techniques using Python, Python for everyone. Building Modern GUIs with tkinter and python), Scitech Publications Chennai (Programming Techniques using matlab) and IK International publishers (Microcontrollers and Embedded System Design). Additionally, he has also launched one video course on BPB titled “First Time Play with Basic, Advanced Python concepts and complete guide for different python certification exams all in one umbrella.”
Dr. Nilesh Bhaskarrao Bahadure received the Bachelor of Engineering degree in Electronics Engineering in 2000, the Master of Engineering degree in Digital Electronics in 2005, and the Ph.D. degree in Electronics in 2017 from KIIT Deemed to be University, Bhubaneswar, India. He is currently an Associate Professor in the Department of Computer Science and Engineering at Symbiosis Institute of Technology (SIT), Nagpur, Symbiosis International (Deemed University) (SIU), Pune, Maharashtra, India. He has more than 20 years of experience. Dr. Bahadure is a life member of IE(I), IETE, ISTE, ISCA, SESI, ISRS, and IAENG professional organizations. He has published more than 40 articles in reputed international journals and conferences, and has five books to his credit. He is the reviewer of many indexed journals such as IEEE Access, IET, Springer, Elsevier, Wiley and so on. His research interests are in the areas of Sensor Technology, the Internet of Things, and Biomedical Image Processing.