Immutability: Recipe for Cloud Migration Success
Sachin G. Kapale
Authors: Sachin G. Kapale
Publishing Date: Dec 2022
Dimension: 7.5*9.25 Inches
Book Type: Paperback
Cloud Migration is More Than Infrastructure Migration and Crucial to Business Economy
- Factors for a successful transition from on-premises to cloud infrastructure, as experienced by various businesses.
- Several strategies to build secure, immutable infrastructure using Infrastructure as Code (IaC).
- Important aspects of pipeline security, multi-tier application migration, disaster recovery, and much more.
When migrating to the cloud, how can you minimize the time and effort spent on technical fixes? Creating a fault-tolerant, secure, automated, and scalable cloud on-demand infrastructure is a costly and time-consuming organizational operation. This book teaches you how to migrate infrastructure to the cloud utilizing programmable infrastructure. This book explains various ways to implement immutable infrastructure for scalable and secure infrastructure.
To begin with, the book educates you on how to spot problems in today's infrastructure. The book explores how to use programmable infrastructure to provide immutability at each tier level of a multitier application. It also explains how to use the Unified Modeling Language (UML) to create high-level design architecture artifacts since it is the most straightforward tool for depicting the layout of a sophisticated program. Finally, the book discusses a detailed CI/CD workflow for 3-tier custom-developed application infrastructure.
The reader will complete reading this book with a firm grasp of the fundamentals necessary to execute DevSecOps across a whole infrastructure. The book explains how to put into practice the cutting-edge cloud methodology of infrastructure provisioning using CI/CD pipelines in detail. In addition, the book gives a complete understanding of how to set up immutable multitier infrastructure utilizing programmable infrastructure/infrastructure as Code.
WHAT YOU WILL LEARN
- Dos and Don'ts while implementing immutable infrastructure.
- Locating security flaws and incorrect settings across all cloud service providers.
- Applying organization-specific security policies and validation during coding.
- Handling Database Upgrades and Operating System Patches.
- Learning the impact assessment on the infrastructure CI/CD pipeline.
- Learning the ins and outs of public cloud systems like Amazon Web Services.
- Commencing the process of continuous IaC delivery and IaC deployment.
WHO THIS BOOK IS FOR
Professionals in Cloud, DevOps, DevSecOps, and Software development will find several career-enhancing surprises in this book. In addition, reading about the cultural and process-specific challenges will benefit the leadership team, including the CTO, CIO, Enterprise Architect, and Infrastructure Head.
- What is Culture Formation?
- What Past Taught Us?
- What is Infrastructure Immutability?
- How to Address Past Concerns?
- How to Implement Web Application Components?
- What are the Prerequisites for Decision-making?
- How to Build Foundation Golden Machine Image?
- How to do Database Handling in Immutable Infrastructure?
- How to Construct the Entire Pipeline?
- How to Handle Patching and OS releases?
- How to Plan Disaster Recovery?
- Inbuilt Infrastructure Security and Standard Enforcement
- What is Application Incompatibility?
- How to Build an Immutable Infrastructure for COTS/MOTS Products?
Sachin Kapale is an IT executive architect and the biggest proponent of DevSecOps. He works with CxO level group to define the future technology strategies for organizations. His recent achievements are reducing infrastructure costs in the cloud by 15%. He has architected the strategy for migration of the NY state of health from on-premises to public cloud migration successfully using Immutable infrastructure.
He works as an enterprise-level IT Executive to establish strategic architectural plans and objectives across all the US Health & Human Services for MAXIMUS for close to 70+ Projects. He has more than two decades of experience providing architectural consultation to fortune 500 clients of IBM in multiple geographic areas. Currently, he also defines technical strategies to facilitate operational business needs. He holds 12 Industry professional certifications in various areas. He is a regular technical blog writer(www.sachinkapale.com) and an avid reader. He regularly writes on Medium(Kapalesachin – Medium). He likes to give back to society and provides free courses to multiple educational series in various areas on Udemy(https://www.udemy.com/user/sachin-kapale/), which benefitted more than 10000 students across the world. He believes in spreading knowledge. He regularly speaks at various conferences and was recently offered an advisory board-level position at Ithaca College.
He provides direction on implementing feasible, cost-effective solutions to the overall system architecture and design to meet these needs. Also, Sachin works closely with Health Services Operations management and staff, Operations Systems' technical engineers, and process engineers to provide guidance and ensure good design for meeting Health Services' business objectives and strategy. He also serves as the key technical point of contact in developing technical solutions in response to Requests For Proposals, Change Requests, and business needs. Sachin also reviews federal, state, and company policies to determine system functionality, design, and operation applicability. He also develops strategies to fulfill requirements and assess the effectiveness of implementation. He also collaborates and coordinates with appropriate internal and external groups to ensure the confidentiality and security of all corporate information.
His expertise is in designing microservices-based architecture in cloud-based environments.
Working as a success serves as a critical point of contact for designing complex information technology solutions. He has technical papers presentations on Web 2.0.
Sachin designed a system that provided New York's 20 million population to subscribe to NYSOH's plan an alternative way to apply using Mobile App.
His current passion is using Artificial Intelligence and machine learning in the healthcare call center business and back-office area to improve Customer/Citizen experience.