Cross-Platform Modern Apps with VS Code
Ockert J. du Preez
Publishing Date: March 2022
Dimension: 7.5*9.25 Inches
Simplified development of cross-platform applications by learning VS Code
- Covers sophisticated to simple web apps and webUIs development on VS Code with debugging.
- In-depth experimentation of VS Code including Machine Learning, NodeJS API and customized extensions.
- Provides refresher on popular tools like EF Core, Angular, Xamarin.Forms and Blazor.
This book explores VS Code's core features, including multi-language IDE, rapid programming, and innovative front-end development, to show readers how to design and debug modern online and cloud applications.
This book not only prepares you to design multi-platform applications or work with Visual Studio Code, but it also prepares you to be a great developer who can alter the code, debug issues, and manage the many versions on your own.
WHAT YOU WILL LEARN
- Engage Razor and ASP.NET Core to build dynamic web apps.
- Get a practical edge with Xamarin.Forms to experience the native development.
- Explore Entity Framework Core for building data-rich applications.
- Create a custom Visual Studio code extension for your application.
- Use a variety of APIs, such as NodeJS and Python, in your implementations.
WHO THIS BOOK IS FOR
This book caters to application developers and web developers who want to develop multi-platform applications and authentic practice of VS Code environment. You are not required to have any programming experience, though some understanding of application development may help speed up the learnings.
- Comparing Visual Studio Code to Visual Studio
- Up and Running with VS Code
- Building Web UIs with Blazor
- Building Websites with ASP.NET Core Razor Pages
- Building Cross-Platform Mobile Apps with Xamarin.Forms
- Building Web-Based Apps with Angular
- Introducing Entity Framework Core
- Exploring the Database Providers in Entity Framework Core
- Building Multi-Platform Apps with Visual Studio Code
- Building Services with Visual Studio Code
- Application Deployment Options
- Working with Python, Node.JS, and other APIs
- Creating Custom Extensions in Visual Studio Code
- Appendix A
Ockert J. du Preez is a passionate coder and always willing to learn. Having been in the training and coding industry he already has an advantage over most as he comes with a wealth of experience. He has written hundreds of developer articles over the years detailing his programming quests and adventures. These can be found on CodeGuru, Developer.com and Database Journal.
Visual Studio 2019 In-Depth (BpB Publications)
He was the Technical Editor for Professional C++, 5th Edition as well as C++ Software Interoperability for Windows Programmers
He was a Microsoft Most Valuable Professional for .NET (2008–2017).
LinkedIn Profile: Ockert J. du Preez
Blogs Link: https://www.codeguru.com/ , https://www.developer.com/