Virtual and extended reality technologies have come a long way since their inception, and today, they are poised to change how we work, learn, and interact with the world. From gaming and entertainment to education, healthcare, and beyond, these technologies have the potential to revolutionize many aspects of our lives.
Understand the advancement of VR hardware, then master immersive design principles and analyze the powerful role of AI in XR. Explore the frontiers of VR/AR applications, from revolutionizing healthcare with virtual surgery simulations to bringing history to life with interactive AR experiences. Learn the business landscape of VR/AR, perfect the ethical considerations, and gain a deep understanding of the technical workings behind these incredible technologies. With practical guidance on building VR apps in Unity and monetizing your creations.
By the end of the book, readers will have a deep understanding of the potential benefits and risks of these technologies, as well as the knowledge and tools needed to build successful VR and AR applications that are both innovative and ethical.
- Gain a deep understanding of history, development, and applications in fields of gaming, education, healthcare, and architecture.
- Developing benefits and risks of virtual and extended reality.
- Case studies, examples, and discussions demonstrating how to apply concepts and monetize them in the real world.
WHAT YOU WILL LEARN
- Understand fundamentals of Immersive technologies like AR, VR, and XR.
- In-depth understanding of the concepts of presence.
- Understand the ethical considerations surrounding VR and AR.
- How VR applications can be built with unity and the scope of monetization.
WHO THIS BOOK IS FOR
This book is for tech enthusiasts, educators, healthcare professionals, artists, and entrepreneurs alike, offering a captivating journey into the future of immersive technologies.