Handling ever evolving data for business needs can get complex. Traditional methods create bulky and costly-to-maintain data systems. Here, Snowflake emerges as a cost-effective solution, catering to both traditional and modern data needs with zero or minimal maintenance costs.
This book helps you grasp Snowflake, guiding you to create complete solutions from start to finish. The starting focus covers Snowflake architecture, key features, native loading and unloading capabilities, ANSI SQL support, and processing of diverse data types and objects. The next part utilizes acquired knowledge to look into implementing data security, governance, and collaborations, utilizing Snowflake's features like data sharing and cloning.
The final part explores advanced topics, including streams, tasks, performance optimizations, cost efficiencies, and operationalization with automated monitoring. Real-time use cases and reference architectures are provided to assist readers in implementing data warehouse, data lake, and data mesh solutions with Snowflake.
- Learn about Snowflake cloud-based data architecture and its basics.
- Learn and implement Snowflake’s unified features with use cases.
- Design and deploy robust enterprise data architectures with Snowflake.
WHAT YOU WILL LEARN
- Introduction to Snowflake and its three-layered architecture.
- Understand Snowflake’s native features.
- Understand the different types of data workloads and their architecture designs.
- Implement query and cost performance optimization using Snowflake native services.
- Introduction to Snowflake’s advanced features like dynamic and event tables.
- Snowflake’s capabilities with extended support to implement large language models.
WHO THIS BOOK IS FOR
This book is for data practitioners, data engineers, data architects, or every data enthusiast who is keen on learning Snowflake. It does not need any prior experience, however, it is beneficial to have a basic understanding of cloud computing, data concepts and basic programming skills.