The Internet of Things (IoT) is a network of physical objects embedded with sensors, software, and connectivity, enabling them to collect and exchange data. It revolutionizes the way we interact with our surroundings by connecting devices and allowing them to communicate over the Internet. If you want to dive deeper into the fascinating world of IoT, then this book is for you.
This book is a comprehensive book that introduces you to the world of IoT. It covers the definition and vision of IoT, provides an overview of the conceptual framework and technologies behind it, and presents various examples of IoT applications. The book also delves into the hardware components used in IoT, such as sensors and actuators, and explores embedded platforms like Arduino and Raspberry Pi. Furthermore, it discusses programming with Arduino and highlights design principles and network communication aspects of IoT. The book concludes by addressing the challenges and real-life applications of IoT, including smart cities, healthcare, and home automation.
By the end of the book, you will possess the knowledge necessary to navigate the complex and ever-evolving IoT landscape.
- Discover the fascinating world of Arduino and unlock its potential for IoT applications.
- Learn about wireless communication protocols, data aggregation, and the overall architecture of IoT networks.
- Explore the wide range of applications that IoT offers across various industries and domains.
WHAT YOU WILL LEARN
- Gain insights into embedded platforms and their role in IoT.
- Select the right hardware devices to create efficient and effective IoT systems.
- Explore the intricacies of the Arduino board architecture.
- Learn the essentials of programming Arduino.
- Understand the challenges faced in designing and implementing IoT solutions.
WHO THIS BOOK IS FOR
This book caters to the learning needs of graduate and postgraduate students in Computer Application/Engineering. It is also suitable for anyone interested in gaining a comprehensive understanding of the fundamentals of the Internet of Things.