Selenium, a web browser automation tool that has been around for a long time, is extensively utilized by developers and testers to generate automated tests for verifying the proper functioning of web applications. When combined with C#, Selenium can produce automated tests that are both robust and efficient.
This book is a comprehensive guide to learning Selenium, one of the most popular web automation tools in the industry. It starts with an introduction to Selenium and its three projects - Selenium IDE, Selenium WebDriver, and Selenium Grid. It then provides a comprehensive overview of the various entities in the Selenium C# client libraries, such as the WebDriver, WebElement, and By classes. The subsequent sections of the book elucidate how to handle different HTML elements, including forms, tables, dropdowns, windows, alerts, and frames. The book also explores the Option class, which is utilized for managing web browsers. In addition, the book emphasizes the significance of unit testing in test automation and explains how to implement the NUnit framework. To manage object information, the book delves into the Page Object model design pattern. Lastly, the book will help you set up and execute tests in parallel across various environments using Selenium Grid.
By the end, you will be able to create automated tests for web applications with ease.
- Explore different ways to handle web elements using Selenium and C#.
- Learn how to manage data using popular file types such as Excel and CSV.
- Learn how to integrate NUnit with Selenium to create a powerful testing framework.
WHAT YOU WILL LEARN
- Perform Cross-browser testing using Selenium WebDriver.
- Implement Synchronization using Implicit and Explicit wait.
- Learn how to handle the Action class in Selenium.
- Learn how to implement the Page Object Model using PageFactory.
- Setup and use Selenium Grid to execute tests in parallel.
WHO THIS BOOK IS FOR
This book is for Test automation engineers, software testers, and software developers who are interested in learning about test automation using Selenium and C#.