Knowing about undocumented features of DOS allows programmers to dramatically speed up the execution time of their programs. Undocumented DOS through C reveals the undocumented or difficult to –find features o critical MS- DOS data structures in MS.DOS explained in detail, followed by C source code for putting this knowledge to use.
This book includes :
- Detailed coverage of List .Job File Table,Arena Headers ,CDs and DPB .
- Tracing and manipulating the DPB,Buffer and the Device chains.
- Memory organisation o DOS including Upper Memory Blocks and DOS subsegments.
- Writing TSRs using swappable Data Area.
- Installing /Deinstalling TSRs
- An independent chapter on putting Undocumented DOS to real life use.