Functioning of UNIX operating system with shell programming
- Equipped with installation, administration, and best practices for UNIX system management.
- Provides a wide range of shell scripting and Unix-based solutions.
- UNIX foundations, Resource Management, Socket Programming, Shell Scripting, and the C Interface are all covered.
This book is intended to be an instructional tool and study guide for those interested in learning about the principles of the UNIX operating system, process management, socket programming, and numerous shell scripting techniques.
First, you will learn about the UNIX system architecture and programming environment, which provide an overview of all system resources and their management. Then, Unix file systems, Kernel data structures for performing file I/O, Basic File permissions and Library functions, and UNIX system calls are discussed. Process control, parallel execution, user data access, and signal management are just some of the topics covered in this book. Next, we'll go through the basics of network communication, such as system calls, data transmission over sockets, and I/O multiplexing models. Finally, the book discusses more advanced UNIX and C interface concepts such as library functions, command-line arguments, and environment variables.
Throughout the book, you'll find plenty of solutions, exercises, and shell scripts to help you get the most out of your hands-on experience with the UNIX system.
WHAT YOU WILL LEARN
- Investigate every aspect of the UNIX operating system.
- Understand how to use the shell and how to develop shell scripts.
- Acquaint yourself with all of UNIX's file and process components.
- Gain a working knowledge of file access and manipulation.
- Learn more about inter-process communication and its many methods.
WHO THIS BOOK IS FOR
The book appeals to UNIX professionals, students, master's degree applicants, and candidates for competitive exams who wish to understand UNIX principles thoroughly. However, it is written for beginners and may be read by anyone without prior understanding.