Robin Tommy, Ajithkumar Narayanan Manaparampil, Rinu Michael
A beginner’s guide to learn ROS, robotics platform, and practice building robotics system
- A step-by-step guide covering the robot's design, assembly, navigation and control.
- Numerous techniques, ROS packages, object detection and image processing concepts included.
- Practical exercises and sample codes to robotics design, simulation, and visualization tools.
This book is a practical introduction to the Robotics operating system (ROS). It will expose you to the essential principles, tools, and packages in ROS and assist you in configuring and recombining components for additional tasks. If you are new to the world of robotics, you will enjoy the companionship of this book as it guides you through the process of building your first robot.
The book introduces robotics and advances through numerous concepts such as sensors and actuators, SLAM, Aruco markers, CAD (computer-aided design), React native application development, image processing in ROS, machine learning and object detection. Every point raised above is illustrated in a live robotics environment. Along the way, other packages required for developing ROS apps will be presented, including serial, OpenCV, and cv bridge. You'll learn about tools like SolidWorks, Moveit, Rviz, as well as simulation platforms like gazebo and turtlesim, which will give you a complete picture of what it takes to build a robot.
This book presents an in-depth examination of Robot Operating Systems (ROS), the sole foundation for developing robotics applications. The book guides the readers through investigating and embedding machine learning code to introduce intelligence into the robot.
WHAT YOU WILL LEARN
- Develop a stronghold on basics of robotics with code samples and illustrations.
- Familiarity with ROS, the configuration of nodes, and 3D robot simulations.
- Learn how to publish data to the ROS network for web integration.
- Learn about SLAM, CAD, React Native, and ROS image processing.
- Learn about Artificial Intelligence principles and object detection with ROS.
- Complete design, simulation, and assembly of a robot.
WHO THIS BOOK IS FOR
The book is aimed at robotics developers, hardware product designers, full-stack application developers, machine learning enthusiasts, and students who want to obtain real-world experience in robotics development from start to finish. Having some experience with Ubuntu and the python programming language would be helpful.