Perform effective and efficient penetration testing in an enterprise scenario
- Understand the penetration testing process using a highly customizable modular framework.
- Exciting use-cases demonstrating every action of penetration testing on target systems.
- Equipped with proven techniques and best practices from seasoned pen-testing practitioners.
- Experience-driven from actual penetration testing activities from multiple MNCs.
- Covers a distinguished approach to assess vulnerabilities and extract insights for further investigation.
This book is designed to introduce the topic of penetration testing using a structured and easy-to-learn process-driven framework.
Understand the theoretical aspects of penetration testing and create a penetration testing lab environment consisting of various targets to learn and practice your skills. Learn to comfortably navigate the Kali Linux and perform administrative activities, get to know shell scripting, and write simple scripts to effortlessly run complex commands and automate repetitive testing tasks.
Explore the various phases of the testing framework while practically demonstrating the numerous tools and techniques available within Kali Linux. Starting your journey from gathering initial information about the targets and performing enumeration to identify potential weaknesses and sequentially building upon this knowledge to refine the attacks and utilize weaknesses to fully compromise the target machines.
The authors of the book lay a particularly strong emphasis on documentation and the importance of generating
crisp and concise reports which keep the various stakeholders’ requirements at the center stage.
WHAT YOU WILL LEARN
- Understand the Penetration Testing Process and its various phases.
- Perform practical penetration testing using the various tools available in Kali Linux.
- Get to know the process of Penetration Testing and set up the Kali Linux virtual environment.
- Perform active and passive reconnaissance.
- Learn to execute deeper analysis of vulnerabilities and extract exploit codes.
- Learn to solve challenges while performing penetration testing with expert tips.
WHO THIS BOOK IS FOR
This book caters to all IT professionals with a basic understanding of operating systems, networking, and Linux can use this book to build a skill set for performing real-world penetration testing.