Become an expert in running containerization operations using serverless Kubernetes and Microsoft Azure
- Includes production ready examples and demonstration on the use of Azure Kubernetes Service.
- In detail coverage on Kubernetes administration, security aspects, and container deployment.
- Cutting edge coverage on best practices for end to end enterprise containerization.
- Includes Serverless Kubernetes and Kubernetes based Event-Driven Autoscaling (KEDA).
This book teaches you how to build, deploy, and manage the Azure Kubernetes Service cluster on both Linux and Windows operating systems. It includes new capabilities of Kubernetes like Serverless Kubernetes using Virtual Kubelet and Kubernetes based Event-Driven Autoscaling (KEDA).
The book builds strong hold on foundational concepts of containers and Kubernetes. It explores the container-based offerings on Azure and looks at all necessary Azure container-based services required to work on Azure Kubernetes Service. It deals with creating an Azure Kubernetes cluster, deploying to the cluster, performing operational activities on the cluster, and monitoring and troubleshooting issues on the cluster. You will explore different options and tool sets like Kubectl commands, Azure CLI commands, and Helm Charts to work on the Azure Kubernetes Service cluster. Furthermore, it covers advanced areas like Serverless Kubernetes using Virtual Kubelet, Kubernetes based Event-Driven Autoscaling (KEDA), and the Azure Kubernetes Service cluster on Windows. It explains how to build Azure DevOps pipelines for deployments on Azure Kubernetes Service.
By the end of this book, you become proficient in Azure Kubernetes Service and equips yourself with all the necessary skills to design and build production-grade containerized solutions using Azure Kubernetes Service.
WHAT YOU WILL LEARN
- Build strong fundamentals of Azure Kubernetes Service and Containerization.
- Learn to administer, manage, and monitor Azure Kubernetes Service.
- Run Linux and Windows-based workloads on Azure Kubernetes Service.
- Practice how to deploy Serverless Kubernetes using Kubelet and KEDA.
- Learn to work with kubectl commands, Helm Charts, and Azure DevOps.
- Explore best practices to design and implement Azure Kubernetes Service enterprise-wide.
WHO THIS BOOK IS FOR
This book is for all Docker and DevOps professionals who wish to get upskilled to know how to use Azure Kubernetes Service and become an expert in implementing it across the enterprise. Software Architects and Developers proficient in Azure fundamentals can also make use of this book to get expert practical knowledge on Azure Kubernetes Service.