A practical guide for the rapid web application development with Flask
- Expert-led coverage of core capabilities of Flask, key extensions and its implementation.
- Detailed modules on building and deploying RESTful applications using Flask.
This book teaches the reader the complete workflow of developing web applications using Python and its most outperforming microframework, Flask.
The book begins with getting you up to speed in developing a strong understanding of the web application development process and how Python is used in developing the applications. You will learn how to write your own first Flask-based web application in Python. You will learn about web gateway interfaces, including CGI and WSGI along with various tools like the Jinja 2 engine, Werkzeug toolkit, and Click toolkit.
You will learn and practice the core features of Flask such as URL routing, rendering, handling static assets of a web application, how to handle cookies and sessions, and other HTTP objects. Once you have developed a strong knowledge of Flask, you will now dive deeper into advanced topics that includes Flask extensions for working with relational and NOSQL databases, Flask_WTF, and Flask-Bootstrap. You will explore design patterns, various blueprints on how to build modular and scalable applications, and finally how to deploy the RESTful APIs successfully on your own.
WHAT YOU WILL LEARN
- Get to know everything about the core capabilities of Flask.
- Understand the basic building blocks of Flask.
- Get familiar with advanced features of Flask, including blueprints, Flask extensions, and database connectivity.
- Get ready to design your own Flask-based web applications and RESTful APIs.
- Learn to build modular and scalable applications and how to deploy them successfully.
WHO THIS BOOK IS FOR