The book is written for all IT professionals. It starts with the loopholes existing in the banking as well as payment industry, especially in the international remittance space, that has led to the invention of Bitcoin, a Blockchain product, followed by Ethereum, and finally Ripple. The book focuses on Ripple’s architecture and the different open source and enterprise products offered by Ripple, which have been widely adopted by the global payment industry today. For developers, there are adequate examples covering Ripple’s development APIs with different features such as instant payment, partial payment, escrow, checks, and micropayment. In later chapters, the book reviews different use cases on the money market, e-auction, trade finance, swaps, etc., which will help you greatly to use Ripple and create new business models for international trading. In the last few chapters, the book focuses on some of the leading Stablecoins such as JPM Coin, Libra, and Tether that are threatening to disrupt the finance industry. Use cases on tokenization and Stablecoins are discussed, especially in Islamic banking, which is an area less traveled by industry leaders. Finally, the book elaborates how Ripple has invaded the global market and lists the major players in this space so far.
Use Cases on International Remittance, Capital, and Money Markets, based on Swaps, Micropayments, Trade Finance, Islamic Finance, and Stablecoins.
A step-by-step guide to learn Ripple and explore $155 trillion+ market on international remittance
- Know the inefficiencies of banks in international remittance and how Ripple can help
- Learn Ripple’s architecture and its product offerings such as xCurrent, xRapid, and xVia
- Acquire development skills on Ripple’s XRP ledger
- Understand and apply all the features of XRP ledger, such as direct and partial payments, escrows, checks, micropayments, and fees
- Learn to integrate XRP ledger with your traditional and Blockchain-based solution in trade finance, e-auction, money market, swaps, and more
- Learn the operation of Stablecoins and how to implement them in Islamic banking
- Know the wide spectrum of acceptance of Ripple across the globe
What Will You Learn
By the end of the book, readers will have enough information on the right usage of Ripple to create value for their business models by eliminating age-old, lengthy, expensive payment channels with frictionless commerce for smoother execution of business processes. Business scenarios and solutions are provided, along with flowcharts, diagrams, and sample codes, that stakeholders can refer to and further enhance, as per their respective business need, and deploy them in live projects. The best and unique part of the book is that all the examples are written in Java, which most readers understand.
Who This Book is For
Influencers, customers, decision-makers, or developers — this book would be very useful for any reader who is eager to learn the industry’s vision on Ripple or the use cases that can benefit from Ripple and crypto adoption, or wish to develop applications connected to the rippled server for upgrading their payment mechanism.