The first version of MS Excel was released in 1985 and was widely adopted across the globe and became the most prolific and important programs for over 750 million users. Many people assume that Excel is only used by accountants, analysts, scientists and other similar professions that points to the fact that there is a real problem with the understanding of what in this book. Through this book we will explain why Excel is such an amazing program and why it can do so much more than you think.
What are the main uses of Excel and how can this help my business?
Excel enables any format of information to be organized in a spread sheet and its innate flexibility as program, you can define and structure the layout according to how you want to manage it. It allows for over 1 million rows by over 16,000 columns of data to be managed, which shows how Excel is advancing as a business tool. This allows Excel to be used for a large variety of business purposes.
Complete guide to Excel
- Basic components of excel, the available menu options and tools, some customizations, working with multiple workbooks and worksheets.
- An initial introduction to what are formulas, functions, and their components.
- Usage of multiple examples to explain the application in a real world scenario.
- Explaining of different chart types available in Excel.
- Different ways and methods to consolidate data, complex analysis, and prediction or forecast based on trends.
What Will You Learn
New to Excel 2016 or upgrading from a previous version? Use this guide to learn the basics and advance features of Excel. This user guide will introduce you to some of Excel’s 2016 more complex functionality, such as:
- Use Conditional Logic in a formula
- IF statements
- Use the SumIF and CountIF functions
- Produce a chart
- Sort and filter
- Apply subtotals
- Data Validation
- What-if-Analysis Tools
- Introduction to Pivot Tables
- Introduction to Macros
- Advanced Image Processing Operations
Who This Book is For
Anyone who wants to learn Excel, do the mundane task easily and quickly, do complex calculations, analysis huge data from internal or external sources, take decisions based on predictions, do forecasting, create plans and charts, monitor dashboards for progress and status, and so on.