Hardware Description Language (HDL) allows analysis and simulation of digital logic and circuits. The HDL is an integral part of the EDA (electronic design automation) tool for PLDs, microprocessors, and ASICs. So, HDL is used to describe a Digital System. The combinational and sequential logic circuits can be described easily using HDL. Verilog HDL, standardized as IEEE 1364, is a hardware description language used to model electronic systems.
This book is a comprehensive guide about the digital system and its design using various VLSI design tools as well as Verilog HDL. The step-wise procedure to use various VLSI tools such as Xilinx, Vivado, Cadence NC-SIM, is covered in this book. It also explains the advanced concept such as User Define Primitives (UDP), switch level modeling, reconfigurable computing, etc. Finally, this book ends with FPGA based prototyping of the digital system.
By the end of this book, you will understand everything related to digital system design.
Get familiar and work with the basic and advanced Modeling types in Verilog HDL
- Learn about the step-wise process to use Verilog design tools such as Xilinx, Vivado, Cadence NC-SIM
- Explore the various types of HDL and its need
- Learn Verilog HDL modeling types using examples
- Learn advanced concept such as UDP, Switch level modeling
- Learn about FPGA based prototyping of the digital system
What Will You Learn
- Implement Adder, Subtractor, Adder-Cum-Subtractor using Verilog HDL
- Explore the various Modeling styles in Verilog HDL
- Implement Switch level modeling using Verilog HDL
- Get familiar with advanced modeling techniques in Verilog HDL
- Get to know more about FPGA based prototyping using Verilog HDL
Who This Book is For
Anyone interested in Electronics and VLSI design and want to learn Digital System Design with Verilog HDL will find this book useful. IC developers can also use this book as a quick reference for Verilog HDL fundamentals & features.