Xamarin with Visual Studio
Alessandro Del Sole
Author: Alessandro Del Sole
Publishing Date: June 2022
Dimension: 7.5*9.25 Inches
Book Type: Paperback
Learn how to build cross-platform mobile apps from a single shared codebase
- Covers fundamental and advanced aspects of multi-platform mobile development
- Revisit the fundamentals of .NET and C# to create modern native apps more quickly
- Check out tips and advice on getting started as a successful mobile developer
For any mobile developer, it's clear that Xamarin knowledge is vital, thanks to the reintroduction of .NET MAUI. This book provides the reader with complete hands-on experience in designing cross-platform mobile applications with Xamarin, C#, and .NET.
The book discusses the importance of cross-platform mobile app development and the benefits of learning Xamarin. The book delivers a quick lesson on C# and Visual Studio to implement all of the knowledge gained in this book into your first mobile application.
In the second half of the book, you'll learn to start from scratch using Xamarin and create mobile apps in C#. It explains how to utilise Visual Studio as the development environment, design the user interface using the XAML markup language, organise common controls into layouts, and create multi-page applications with navigation and various pages. This includes creating reusable resources, such as styles and templates, and the use of local and remote databases for data manipulation. In addition, the book offers expert advice on the requirements of a standard mobile application, such as handling network connection, battery level, and safeguarding data in the device's secure storage.
WHAT YOU WILL LEARN
- Learn every aspect of Xamarin to create cross-platform mobile applications.
- Refresh .NET, C#, and Visual Studio skills required for mobile development.
- Build UI with XAML, views, and layouts, including navigation.
- Use reusable resources, data-oriented coding, multimedia support, and debug code.
- Explore advanced programming patterns and ways to improve performance.
- Tips and answers to help you land a job as a mobile developer.
WHO THIS BOOK IS FOR
This book is intended for beginners, aspiring mobile developers, .NET users, Visual Studio users, and application developers eager to design and build mobile apps compatible with numerous platforms. This book will also refresh your knowledge of .NET and C# so you can begin Xamarin development rapidly.
- The importance of mobile app development
- Xamarin and Microsoft in the mobile app market
- Introducing .NET and Visual Studio
- The C# programming language
- Building apps with Xamarin and Xamarin.Forms
- Organizing the User Interface with layouts
- Understanding common views
- Pages and navigation
- Resources and Data Binding
- Brushes, Shapes, and Media
- Managing the application lifecycle
- Working with Web API
- Working with Native API
- Finding a job
- Succeeding as a Mobile App Developer
Alessandro Del Sole is a senior software engineer working on building mobile apps with Xamarin in the healthcare industry. He has been using Xamarin since 2015 and is a Xamarin Certified Mobile Developer. Alessandro has also been Microsoft Most Valuable Professional since 2008, and has authored many technical books, eBooks, articles, instructional videos and has been speaker in the most important Italian conferences. He has also been recently appointed as C# Corner MVP.
Linkedin Profile: Alessandro Del Sole - Senior Software Engineer EMEA - Digital Innovation - Fresenius Medical Care | LinkedIn
Blog Link: Alessandro Del Sole (c-sharpcorner.com)