Strategy Guide for Automation
Authors: Magnus Glantz
Publishing Date: 11th Aug 2023
Dimension: 6*9 Inches
Book Type: Paperback
Automation can be a powerful tool to streamline and scale a business effectively. By automating repetitive tasks, businesses can save time, reduce errors, and improve overall efficiency, allowing them to focus on more strategic and value-added activities.
This book is an essential guide to automation. It highlights the importance of automation and provides guidance on how to implement it effectively.The book will help you learn how to set clear and achievable automation goals that align with your overall business strategy. It will also help you gain insights into selecting the right automation tools and technologies for your specific needs. Additionally, the book will walk you through the process of creating a sustainable and scalable automation strategy.
With the skills you learn in this book, you will be able to measure and monitor the success of your automation program, so you can accurately evaluate the impact of your investments.
- Get familiar with the essential elements of a successful automation strategy.
- Understand how to incorporate emerging technologies into your automation strategy to improve efficiency and productivity.
- Learn how to design and implement a secure, reliable, and scalable IT automation architecture.
WHAT YOU WILL LEARN
- Get a comprehensive understanding of modern IT automation.
- Understand what a successful IT automation strategy includes.
- Stay up-to-date on the latest trends in IT automation.
- Identify flawed and faulty IT automation strategies.
- Gain insights into topics such as security, HA/DR, technology selection, and more.
WHO THIS BOOK IS FOR
This book is for leaders, architects, and automation creators who want to understand the role of IT automation in the modern enterprise.
Part 1: Introduction
- Success of Automation
- Ways to Redefine Automation
- Key Elements of Implementing Automation Strategy
Part 2: Creating Successful Automation Strategy
- Things that Matter: Budget and Ownership
- Performance Monitoring of Automation Strategy
- Selecting Right Tools and Platform
- Approach to Automation Skill Development
- Key Processes for Development and Cross-team Collaboration
- Catering for a Digitized Future
Part 3: Automation for Architecture that Matters
- Scaling Up Automation to Organization-wide
- Establishing High Availability and Disaster Recovery
- Security and Separation of Duty Requirements
- Explore Automation-as-a-Service (AaaS)
Magnus Glantz has done IT automation for over 20 years, as an operator, developer, consultant, product owner and architect across industries such as telco, retail, FSI, cloud computing and public sector. He has successfully created internationally recognised automation architecture and strategy for many organizations. He has automated many tens of thousands of systems across most technical domains using many different proprietary and open source based automation solutions, including but not limited to cloud provider specific automation, Puppet, Chef, Terraform and Ansible. He sits on the board of Open Source Sweden, Sweden’s industry organization for open source, where he works to further the open source ecosystem in Sweden and in Europe. Today his main job is to advise on automation strategy and implementation for customers, working as a Principal Solution Architect at Red Hat, where he also specializes in DevSecOps and Ansible specifically.