Starting with Android
M.M. Sharma, Rashmi Aggarwal
Authors: M.M. Sharma, Rashmi Aggarwal
Publishing Date: March 2018
This book is written to cover all the aspects of Android in a comprehensive way. Apart from the basics of Android, this book covers its various features like tools for development of app and applications of Android platform. It teaches everything you will need to know to successfully develop your own Android applications. The book addresses all the fundamentals including Intents, Activities user interfaces, SMS messaging, databases.
- It explains how to adapt to display orientation, user interface.
- It explains the various elements that go into designing your user interface using views such as TextView, EditText, ProgressBar, ListView etc.
- It shows how to display pictures.
- It shows how to use menus.
- It explains how to send and receive SMS.
- It explains how to create service which runs in the background.
Learn the basic Tips & Tricks to Make Android Apps
- Book cover the topics in a manner which fulfilled the skill gap among industry and academia
- Comprehensive coverage of Android lying more stress on examples
- Topics are explained in simple and easy by using practical examples
- Simple language, crystal clear approach, straight forward comprehensible presentation
- The concepts are duly supported by several examples
- Book explains the various elements that go into designing your user interface using views such as TextView, EditText, ProgressBar, ListView, and so on.
What Will You Learn
Book cover all the aspects of Android in a comprehensive way. Apart from the basics of Android, this book covers its various features like tools for development of app and applications of Android platform. Authors have tried to
write the book in a simple and student friendly language so that it can be easily understood.
Who This Book is For
Book is intended for experienced software developers who want to develop applications in the Android mobile environment. It assumes readers to have some experience with the Java programming language.
Book will be very much useful to students of B.Tech, Diploma, PGDCA and also who are studying Android as additional topic of interest or as a part of their computer course.
- Getting Started with Android
- Understanding Activities and Intents
- Knowing User Interface
- Designing User
- Image Views and Grid View
- Working With Menus
- Data Persistence
- Sending SMS using APP
- Android Services
Dr. M. M. Sharma has done B.E.(Electrical Engineering), and M.Tech (Computer Technology) from IIT, Delhi and Ph.D from MNIT Jaipur. He is presently working as Executive Director Chandigarh Centre. Earlier, he worked as Principal of Government Engineering College, Ajmer, Rajasthan. He was also the Director (additional charge), Centre for Egovernance, Jaipur. He has published research papers in the national, international conferences and in journals. He is a member of IEEE, Fellow IETE(India), Life Member, Broadcasting Engineering Society (India) and Life Member ISTE professional bodies. He has organized and felicitated many national and international conferences, conducted short term courses and faculty development programme successfully in the past few years. He was a Member of State Level Technical Committee, Govt. of Rajasthan, India and was a member of Board of Studies of various engineering institutions and Board of Management, Rajasthan Technical University Kota. He has visited many national and international universities.Rashmi Aggarwal has completed her M.Tech from Karnataka State Open University and B. Tech from Thapar Institute of Engineering and Technology in computer Science (T.I.E.T.) Patiala. She has more than 18 years of experience in academics. She is Working as Deputy Director in National Institute of Electronics and Information Technology, Chandigarh. She has hands on experience of developing various standalone and web-based application packages. Her area of interest includes Java, DBMS, Data Communications, Mobile Application Development using Android etc.