Maximum Availability Architecture (MAA) with Oracle GoldenGate MicroServices in HUB Architecture
Authors: Lucia Hustatyova
Publishing Date: 25th Sep 2023
Dimension: 7.5*9.25 Inches
Book Type: Paperback
Oracle GoldenGate is a software product that allows you to replicate data from one database to another. If you are interested in using Oracle GoldenGate Microservices (OGG MA) in HUB configuration for database upgrade, migration, and data replication, then this book is a valuable resource for you.
This book provides a step-by-step guide for designing and implementing an Oracle GoldenGate Microservices architecture in a hub configuration, with high availability (HA) and disaster recovery (DR) capabilities. It begins by explaining the architecture of Oracle GoldenGate Microservices, and then provides real-world examples of how it can be used to upgrade or migrate databases, replicate data, and monitor the environment. Moving on, the book includes detailed instructions on how to install and configure Oracle GoldenGate Microservices, as well as, how to use the REST API, command line, and web interface to manage the solution. Lastly, the book provides a practical example of how the architecture can be used to achieve HA and DR for data replication.
By the end of the book, you will be a confident and knowledgeable OGG MA user, who is able to design, implement, and manage Oracle GoldenGate Microservices Architecture solutions for your organization.
- Learn how to use the REST API, command line solutions, and web interface to manage Oracle GoldenGate Microservices Architecture.
- Configure Oracle GoldenGate Microservices for disaster recovery and high-availability architecture.
- Learn how to monitor and troubleshoot Oracle GoldenGate Microservices Architecture.
WHAT YOU WILL LEARN
- Understand the architectural design of OGG MA in HUB configuration using ACFS.
- Set up monitoring for OGG MA with Oracle Cloud Control.
- Use the REST API in OGG for automation.
- Check and verify data consistency with Veridata.
- Perform patching without extended downtime by using high-availability capabilities.
- Learn how to handle errors during data replication in ACFS or OGG extract/replicat processes.
WHO THIS BOOK IS FOR
This book is for technical professionals, database administrators and engineers who want complete control over their Oracle GoldenGate Microservices environment.
- Introduction to Oracle GoldenGate in HUB Architecture
- Oracle GoldenGate MicroServices Architecture in HUB Configuration
- Installation Setup: OGG in HUB Architecture - Part GI and ACFS
- Installation Setup: OGG in HUB Architecture – Part RDBMS
- Installation of OGG MA - OGG in HUB Infrastructure
- Uni-Directional Replication Setup: OGG in HUB Architecture
- How to- DDL, Parallelism, and REST API for Automation
- Bi-Directional Replication Setup OGG in HUB Architecture – Setup and Preparation
- Bi-Directional Replication Setup OGG in HUB Architecture
- Monitoring - OGG in HUB Architecture – Setup Veridata
- Monitoring- OGG in HUB Architecture– Execute Veridata and Configure Cloud Control
- Patching Oracle - OGG in HUB Architecture
- Troubleshooting- OGG in HUB Architecture
- Disaster Recovery Setup- OGG in HUB Architecture
RNDr. Lucia Hustatyova, MBA as Lead architect / Oracle Senior DBA, triple OCM (Oracle Certified Master), is working in the area of IT architecture, design, engineering and automation.
In her country, Slovakia, she is the first and still the only woman with the highest level of Oracle certification - OCM.
From the study perspective, she holds multiple degrees of education as a Doctor of Natural Sciences in Informatics (RNDr.), Magister of Science from Mathematics and Informatics (Mgr.) and Master of Business (MBA) in Project management. From the professional perspective and experiences, she holds multiple certifications but is mostly recognized as Oracle Certified Master from different versions of OCM 10g/11g/12c or Exadata specialist.
She has more than 15 years of experience with Oracle databases in multiple areas, such as database administration, performance tuning, different types of migrations, upgrades and patching, Data Guard, High Availability solutions, backup & recovery of databases or data manipulation and replication using Oracle Golden Gate in classic or microservice architecture.
Mostly, she is involved in projects related to consultancy, solving complex issues, on-boarding new customers, architecture design, implementation of new technology, database upgrades or migrations (e.g. to/from Exadata, to/from RAC, …), Data Guard implementation (classic DG databases, snapshot standby databases or active DG) together with the defining design and architecture, development/automation and implementation of the solution.
In the automation area, she is working with different tools, scripting and programming languages. All the time, she is trying to automate everything that is possible to simplify work for the daily operation, which is helping to avoid possible human errors. Automation is performed in different scripting languages such as bash, perl, python, ... or other programming languages such as java, html, php, java script, ajax, sql, pl/sql, ....
Outside of work, she presents at universities and teaches students.