Introduction to DBMS
Dr. Hariram Chavan, Prof. Sana Shaikh
Publishing Date: May 2022
Dimension: 7.5*9.25 Inches
Database and I: A unified view of the Database
- Explains database fundamentals by using examples from the actual world.
- Extensive hands-on practice demonstrating SQL topics using MySQL standards.
- All-inclusive coverage for systematic reading and self-study.
The knowledge of Database Management Systems (DBMS) has become a de facto necessity for every business user. Understanding various databases and how it becomes an integral part of any application has been a popular curriculum for undergraduates.
In this book, you will learn about database design and how to build one. It has six chapters meant to bridge the gap between theory and legit implementation. Concepts and architecture, Entity-relation model, Relational model, Structured Query Language, Relational database design, and transaction management are covered in the book. The ER and relational models are demonstrated using a database system from an engineering college and implemented using the MySQL standard. The final chapter explains transaction management, concurrency, and recovery methods. The final chapter explains transaction management, concurrency, and recovery methods.
With a straightforward language and a student-centered approach, this book provides hands-on experience with MySQL implementation. It will be beneficial as a textbook for undergraduate students, and database specialists in their professional capacity may also use it.
WHAT YOU WILL LEARN
- Acquire a firm grasp of the principles of data and database management systems.
- Outlines the whole development and implementation process for databases.
- Learn how to follow step-by-step normalization rules and keep your data clean.
- MySQL operations such as DDL, DML, DCL, TCL, and embedded queries are performed.
- Develop an understanding of how the transaction management and recovery system operates.
WHO THIS BOOK IS FOR
This book is ideal for anyone who is interested in learning more about Database Management Systems, whether they are undergraduate students, new database developers, or with some expertise. Programming foundations, file system ideas, and discrete structure concepts are recommended but not required.
- Database System Concepts and Architecture
- The Entity-Relationship Model
- Relational Model and Relational Algebra
- Structured Query Language and Indexing
- Relational Database Design
- Transactions Management and Concurrency and Recovery
Dr. Hariram Chavan is currently working as a Professor in the Department of Information Technology of K. J. Somaiya Institute of Engineering and Information Technology, Mumbai having a rich experience of 25 years in teaching along with six years of experience in academic administration. He has been a Member of the syllabus setting committee at the University of Mumbai and designed the syllabus for various courses at UG and PG levels.
He also filed a patent for his research work in Mobile databases using Machine Learning work. He always strives to solve real-world problems through his technical skills. To keep updated himself he has earned certifications from a few MOOCs on the database, data science, machine learning, deep learning, artificial intelligence, and related courses.
Prof. Sana Shaikh is currently working as an Assistant Professor in the Department of Computer Engineering of Don Bosco Institute of Technology, having fourteen years of teaching experience along with three and half years of experience in academic administration. She has been a member of the syllabus setting committee at the University of Mumbai and designed the syllabus for various courses at UG levels.
She earned her Master's Degree in Computer Science from the University of Mumbai, India, and has a wide range of interests, covering topics such as Database Management Systems, Web Mining, Geo-informatics, and Big Data Analytics. She has also published many research papers in IEEE, Springer conferences, and in reputed journals. She has received a research grant from Mumbai University for her research project.
To keep herself updated, she has earned certifications from a few MOOCs on Python, Big Data Analytics, Cloud Computing, and related courses.