Blender 3D for Jobseekers
Authors: Laurie Annis
Publishing Date: 21st April 2023
Dimension: 7.5*9.25 Inches
Book Type: Paperback
Learning how to create in 3D is a daunting and lengthy process, no matter which software is used. If you are a beginner or an aspiring 3D creator who wants to get familiar with the vast capabilities of Blender 3D, then this book is for you.
Beginning with an overview of Blender’s capabilities and immediately launching into the installation and navigation of Blender’s interface, this book will help you become comfortable with thinking and working in the 3D space. Next, core concepts are de-mystified, clarifying the difference between polygonal modeling and sculpting, and when to choose one approach over the other. Once you are comfortable with creating 3D models, this book will teach you how to create and manipulate 3D objects, scenes, and experiences.
By the end of the book, you will be prepared to begin fulfilling creative work making products that are in high demand in the vast, lucrative market of 3D.
- Understand the capabilities of Blender 3D and how to get started.
- Get familiar with the fundamentals of 3D creation, from modelling to production.
- Learn how to use Blender professionally to become a sought-after 3D creator.
WHAT YOU WILL LEARN
- The features, installation, and navigation of Blender 3D.
- Understand core 3D concepts like poly modeling and sculpting.
- How to work with textures, materials, and shaders in 3D.
- An introduction to animation, effects and simulations.
- How to render images and video of 3D creations.
- How to use Blender for professional 3D work.
WHO THIS BOOK IS FOR
This book is for beginners and experienced 3D professionals who want to use Blender 3D for modeling, animating, and rendering their models.
- Features of Blender 3D
- Installation and Interface
- General 3D Concepts
- Polygonal Modeling
- Poly Modeling Extras
- 3D Sculpting
- 3D Surfaces
- 3D Animation
- Effects and Simulations
- Images and Video
- 3D in Production
Laurie Annis is an ethical entrepreneur and 3D/XR artist, designer, and developer with 10 years of experience converting her passion for games into a fun and sustaining career in 3D, preceded by over 20 years of experience in graphic design for social impact businesses.
Laurie’s 3D skills helped her land her first dream job in 3D modeling and leading a team of 3D artists working on the multiplayer VR game Hypatia, available on Steam. Laurie is currently engaged in her dream job as a co-founder of the interactive narrative game AncestoriesXR.com, making indie games and stock assets freelance as Unreality3D.com, and as a founder of theAssetConnection.com, which helps connect Buyers and Creators of stock 3D models, textures, animations, effects, audio, and tools for 3D.