Security for Containers and Kubernetes
Authors: Luigi Aversa
Publishing Date: 31st May 2023
Dimension: 7.5*9.25 Inches
Book Type: Paperback
Security for Containers and Kubernetes provides you with a framework to follow numerous hands-on strategies for measuring, analyzing, and preventing threats and vulnerabilities in continuous integration and continuous delivery pipelines, pods, containers, and Kubernetes clusters.
The book brings together various solutions that can empower agile teams to proactively monitor, safeguard, and counteract attacks, vulnerabilities, and misconfigurations across the entire DevOps process. These solutions encompass critical tasks such as reviewing and protecting pods, container clusters, container runtime, authorization policies, addressing container security issues, ensuring secure deployment and migration, and fortifying continuous integration and continuous delivery workflows. Furthermore, the book helps you in developing a robust container security strategy and provides guidance on conducting Kubernetes environment testing. It concludes by covering the advantages of service mesh, DevSecOps methodologies, and expert advice for mitigating misconfiguration during the implementation of containerization and Kubernetes.
By the end of the book, you will have the knowledge and expertise to strengthen the overall security of your container-based applications.
- Learn how to develop a comprehensive security strategy for container platforms.
- Deep dive into best practices for application security in container environments.
- Design a logical framework for security hardening and orchestration in Kubernetes clusters.
WHAT YOU WILL LEARN
- Understand the risks concerning the container and orchestrator infrastructure.
- Learn how to secure the container stack, the container image process and container registries.
- Learn how to harden your Kubernetes cluster.
- Deep dive into Kubernetes cloud security methodologies.
- Explore the security nature of the cluster orchestration and governance.
WHO THIS BOOK IS FOR
This book is for security practitioners, security analysts, DevOps engineers, cloud engineers, cloud architects, and individuals involved in containerization and Kubernetes deployment.
- Containers and Kubernetes Risk Analysis
- Hardware and Host OS Security
- Container Stack Security
- Securing Container Images and Registries
- Application Container Security
- Secure Container Monitoring
- Kubernetes Hardening
- Kubernetes Orchestration Security
- Kubernetes Governance
- Kubernetes Cloud Security
- Helm Chart Security
- Service Mesh Security
Luigi Aversa has been working in the tech industry for more than 20 years, playing central roles in numerous projects as a technical leader and security engineer, delivering projects using Linux technologies, and combining DevOps skills with security acumen. Currently, he is a Staff Information Security Engineer at Grail. In the meantime, he successfully got many security certifications in the cyber security and security compliance fields. Furthermore, the author writes technical articles on information security, cyber security and related topics.