My First Mobile App for Students
Authors: Zaid Kamil
Publishing Date: 16th Sep 2023
Dimension: 7.5*9.25 Inches
Book Type: Paperback
In the digital age, mobile apps are the primary way for businesses and individuals to connect with their audience. Android is the leading platform, with a 71% market share worldwide and over 2.87 billion apps. If you are an aspiring app developer, this book is the perfect place to start.
The book focuses on hands-on learning, taking you through the process of transforming your ideas into reality. Starting with the basics, you will learn how to set up Android Studio and master Kotlin fundamentals. You will then build on the Android Jetpack library to create a strong architectural foundation for your apps. Along the way, you will create six fully-functional apps, complete with UI and coding logic, all powered by Kotlin.
By the end of this book, you will have the skills and knowledge you need to create innovative apps and thrive in the dynamic app development landscape.
- Build real-world apps from scratch with UI and coding.
- Learn about the latest trends in Android development, including modern architecture patterns, UI design principles, and the Jetpack suite of libraries.
- Discover how Kotlin can make your Android development more efficient and productive.
WHAT YOU WILL LEARN
- Build functional Android apps with UI and coding proficiency.
- Master Kotlin's syntax and replace Java for app development.
- Implement UI elements, event handling, data passing, and animations.
- Build apps using Android Jetpack architecture and modern tools.
- Leverage coroutines to integrate web services and Retrofit libraries.
- Design apps with data persistence, SQL, Room Framework, and Firebase.
WHO THIS BOOK IS FOR
This book is for anyone who wants to learn how to develop Android apps. Whether you are a novice or a seasoned professional, this book will teach you the skills you need to create high-quality apps.
- Welcome, Future App Developer
- App 1—Dynamic Dice Simulator (Part 1)
- App 1—Dynamic Dice Simulator (Part 2)
- App 2—State Trivia
- App 3—Movie Booking
- App 4—Book Finder
- App 5—Flash Cards (Part 1)
- App 5—Flash Cards (Part 2)
- App 6—Inspire Me
Zaid Kamil is a Google-certified Android app developer and a professional coding trainer who has been developing and teaching how to make Android apps for over a decade. He is the Training Head at Digipodium, a leading IT training institute in Uttar Pradesh, where he mentors and guides hundreds of students and professionals in various domains of technology. He has also conducted many workshops and seminars at various universities and colleges. He has a rich portfolio of projects in both Java and Kotlin, using Android and various third-party libraries and APIs. He is also skilled in area of Data Science, AI, Cloud services and Web development, and holds multiple certifications from IBM and Microsoft in Python. He has a keen interest in designing and implementing machine learning models to analyze data and improve business operations. He has worked with cross-functional teams to design and deploy AI solutions for various domains. Zaid Kamil is passionate about learning new skills and technology. He constantly updates himself with the latest trends and developments in the tech industry. He also likes to explore new tools and frameworks that can enhance his coding abilities. He believes that learning is a lifelong process and that one should never stop growing and improving oneself.