MongoDB Complete Guide
Authors: Manu Sharma
Publishing Date: June2021
Dimension: 7.50 x 9.25 Inches
Master MongoDB - The widely used modern database in a step-by-step, practical, and easy-to-understand approach covering all major topics
- In-depth practical demonstration of MongoDB concepts with numerous examples.
- Includes graphical illustrations and visual explanations for MongoDB commands and methods.
- Covers advanced topics such as MongoDB Compass, MongoDB Security, Backup and Restore, and Replication and Sharding.
MongoDB Complete Guide book starts with the basics of MongoDB, what exactly is MongoDB, and how to use it practically. You will understand how MongoDB is different from the traditional RDBMS.
Topics such as installation and configuration of the MongoDB server, MongoDB commands, MongoDB Shell methods, and data types in MongoDB are covered in detail.
You will practice how to perform MongoDB CRUD operations, indexing, MongoDB query selectors, projection in MongoDB and projection operators as well as aggregation in a very detailed and step-by-step manner. You learn how to work with MongoDB Compass and some of the advanced MongoDB topics like managing and administering MongoDB, managing the MongoDB process, monitoring and diagnosing MongoDB, backup and restore, MongoDB security, replication and sharding.
WHAT YOU WILL LEARN
- Perform write operations, search documents, and define complex queries in MongoDB.
- Perform indexing, aggregation, and data replication.
- End-to-end MongoDB administration along with authentication and authorization.
- Running backups, restoring, and monitoring of MongoDB database enterprise-wide.
WHO THIS BOOK IS FOR
This book is designed for software developers and server administrators who want to quickly learn MongoDB basics and start applying the knowledge of MongoDB in their business systems.
1. Introduction to MongoDB
2. MongoDB Installation and Setup on Windows
3. MongoDB Installation and Setup on Linux (Ubuntu)
4. MongoDB Installation and Setup on macOS
5. Getting started with MongoDB
6. Storage Engines in MongoDB
7. Managing and Administering MongoDB
8. MongoDB Shell Methods
9. Data Types in MongoDB
MongoDB Intermediate Level Topics
10. Introduction to MongoDB CRUD Operations
11. MongoDB Intermediate Concepts
12. Introduction to MongoDB Indexes
13. MongoDB Query Selectors
14. Projection in MongoDB and Projection Operators
15. Aggregation in MongoDB
16. MongoDB Data Manipulations Using MongoDB Compass
MongoDB Advanced Level Topics
17. Managing and Administering MongoDB (Advanced Level)
18. Replication in MongoDB
19. Sharding in MongoDB
Manu Sharma (MPhil) has more than 17 years of industry experience in Software Development at the Architect Level, Web Administration, Project Management and Execution, Product Development, and Team Management. He has worked in various multinational companies, small to mid-sized organizations, universities as well as one of the biggest Conglomerates of India. He is also the founder, architect, and developer of two open-source projects. In his free time, he loves to spend his time with his family and daughter. His other interests are singing and Arts. During weekends, you can find him singing and recording music in studios, playing the
flute, and sometimes, you can find him with painting brushes in his hand while he paints.
LinkedIn Profile: Manu Sharma