Learning .NET MAUI
Authors: Aleksei Starkov
Publishing Date: 17th Jul 2023
Dimension: 7.5*9.25 Inches
Book Type: Paperback
.NET MAUI (Multi-platform App UI) is a framework developed by Microsoft that allows developers to build cross-platform mobile and desktop applications using a single codebase.
This book is a comprehensive guide that covers various aspects of cross-platform development with .NET MAUI. In the initial chapters you will gain a solid understanding of the fundamental aspects and specifics of cross-platform .NET MAUI apps, their structure and the diverse range of application resources. The book will then guide you in creating your first UI application using cross-platform techniques. Moving on, you will delve into more advanced topics such as MVVM, dependency injection, data storage, leveraging device capabilities, and ensuring accessibility in your applications. Lastly, you will explore alternative approaches like Shell and Blazor Hybrid, offering flexible options for building native applications.
By the end of the book, you will be able to develop cross-platform applications using .NET MAUI.
- Get familiar with .NET MAUI, its associated libraries, and popular design patterns used in cross-platform app development.
- Learn how to design and implement visually appealing and interactive user interfaces in your .NET MAUI app.
- Deep dive into the process of creating and refining an application with a custom user interface (UI).
WHAT YOU WILL LEARN
- Understand how .NET MAUI works.
- Build custom UI including animations and custom controls.
- Build robust distributed architecture including MVVM and DI.
- Explore different application design approaches such as Hierarchical, Shell, and Hybrid-Blazor.
- Learn how to embed the LiteDB database seamlessly into your apps.
WHO THIS BOOK IS FOR
This book caters to both beginners entering the world of cross-platform GUI app development with .NET and professionals who have previous experience with Xamarin. Prior knowledge of C# or a strong foundation in other programming languages is essential to comprehend and benefit from the book fully.
- Getting Started with .NET MAUI
- Upskill Essentials of C#
- Exploring .NET MAUI and Its Features
- In and Out of UI Development
- Layering with MVVM
- Deep Dive into UI Design
- Essentials and Community Toolkit
- Native Interactive Features with Shell and Blazor
Aleksei Starkov is a seasoned software developer with over 10 years of experience in the tech industry. After 5 years of working on industrial automation projects that shaped his work ethic, he has been specializing in .NET, Xamarin, and MAUI since 2017. Aleksei's deep understanding of these technologies has been honed by participating in developing multiple commercial projects of different sizes and working for various software companies, from startups to large enterprises. In his free time, Aleksei spends time with his family and enjoys riding a motorcycle.