Infrastructure Automation with Terraform
Ankita Patil, Mitesh Soni
Authors: Ankita Patil, Mitesh Soni
Publishing Date: May 2022
Dimension: 7.5* 9.25 inches
Use Terraform and Jenkins to implement Infrastructure as Code and Pipeline as Code across multi-cloud environments
- Step-by-step guidelines for managing infrastructure across multiple cloud platforms.
- Expert-led coverage on managing Pipeline as Code using Jenkins.
- Includes images demonstrating how to manage AWS and Azure resources using Terraform Modules.
This book explains how to quickly learn and utilize Terraform to incorporate Infrastructure as Code into a continuous integration and continuous delivery pipeline. The book gives you the step-by-step instructions with screenshots and diagrams to make the learning more accessible and fun.
This book discusses the necessity of Infrastructure as a Code (IaC) and the many tools available for implementing IaC. You will gain the knowledge of resource creation, IAM roles, EC2 instances, elastic load balancers, and building terraform scripts, among other learnings. Next, you will explore projects and use-cases for implementing DevOps concepts like Continuous Integration, Infrastructure as Code, and Continuous Delivery. Finally, you learn about the Terraform Modules and how to establish networks and Kubernetes clusters on various cloud providers. Installing and configuring Jenkins and SonarQube in Cloud Environments will also be discussed.
As a result of reading this book, you will be able to apply Infrastructure as Code and Pipeline as Code principles to major cloud providers such as AWS and Azure.
WHAT YOU WILL LEARN
- Create, manage, and maintain AWS and Microsoft Azure infrastructure.
- Using Packer, create AMIs and EC2 instances.
- Utilize Terraform Modules to create VPC and Kubernetes clusters.
- Put the Pipeline and Infrastructure as Code principles into practice.
- Utilize Jenkins to automate the application lifecycle management process.
WHO THIS BOOK IS FOR
This book will primarily help DevOps, Cloud Operations, Agile teams, Cloud Native Developers, and Networking Professionals. Being familiar with the fundamentals of Cloud Computing and DevOps will be beneficial.
- Setting up Terraform
- Terraform Basics and Configuration
- Terraform Provisioners
- Automating Infrastructure Deployments in the AWS Using Terraform
- Automating Infrastructure Deployments in Azure Using Terraform
- Terraform Modules
- Terraform Cloud
- Terraform and Jenkins Integration
- End-to-End Application Management using Terraform
Ankita Patil is passionate DevOps Engineer with 7 years of experience in DevOps in multinational IT industry. She is certified in Adobe Experience Manager Professional and IBM Bluemix certified professional.
Mitesh Soni is a passionate learner with 14 years' experience in the IT industry. He is a Az-400, Certified SAFe DevOps Practitioner, Certified ScrumMaster (CSM), Certified Jenkins Engineer (CJE), SCJP, SCWCD, VCP, IBM Urbancode, and IBM Bluemix certified professional.