Flutter for Jobseekers
Authors: Hans Kokx
Publishing Date: 31st Jul 2023
Dimension: 7.5*9.25 Inches
Book Type: Paperback
"Flutter for Jobseekers" aims to assist you in acquiring expertise in multi-platform app development, with the ultimate goal of helping them secure their dream job. Authored by a leading Flutter developer, this book offers clear explanations and practical examples that will guide you through the evolution of app development, encompassing its historical, current, and future aspects.
This all-inclusive guide takes you on a journey to master Google's Flutter framework. Starting from an introduction to Flutter's key features and development workflow, the book covers a wide range of essential topics, including exploring market opportunities for Flutter developers. You will learn how to install and configure Flutter, work with widgets, manage user input, utilize third-party libraries and APIs, implement navigation and state management with BLoC, and optimize applications for different platforms. Additionally, the book offers guidance on debugging, troubleshooting, finding Flutter jobs, succeeding in interviews, and mapping out your career path within the Flutter ecosystem.
By the end of the book, you will have all the resources to excel in the Flutter ecosystem and secure your desired career path.
- Get in-depth knowledge about the process of building apps using Flutter.
- A practical guide that provides step-by-step instructions for landing a job as an app developer.
- Acquire all the necessary knowledge and skills to increase your chances of being hired as an app developer.
WHAT YOU WILL LEARN
- Delve into the history, current trends, and future prospects of application development.
- Acquire comprehensive knowledge of the installation and configuration process of Flutter.
- Familiarize yourself with the fundamentals of Flutter, including its widget-based system.
- Explore important concepts such as state management, routing, and interaction with APIs.
- Gain insights on how and where to find job opportunities as a Flutter developer.
WHO THIS BOOK IS FOR
Whether you're a beginner in the world of Flutter or an experienced developer, this book is tailored to meet your needs.
- Introduction to Flutter
- Market Opportunities for Flutter Developers
- Installing Flutter and Configuring Your IDE
- Introduction to Widgets
- Handling User Input
- Using 3rd Party Libraries and External Assets
- Working with APIs and Asynchronous Operations
- Navigation and Routing
- State Management and the BLoC
- Reactivity and Platform-Specific Considerations
- Debugging, Troubleshooting, and Performance Considerations
- Creating Your First Application
- Finding Flutter Jobs
- Preparing for and Succeeding in the Job Interview
- Your Road Ahead
Hans Kokx is a seasoned expert in the field of mobile application development, computer networking, and computer systems security. Driven by a passion for exploring the intersection of app development and computer security, he has become a trusted advisor in the industry.
Mr. Kokx holds degrees in Computer Systems Security and Computer Networking from Washtenaw Community College, where his research focused on the interconnection of computer systems and the security of the data transmitted between them. His work as a network security engineer paved the way for him in software development.
Throughout his career, Mr. Kokx has worked with companies and consumers alike to discover how people use (and often misuse) software. Driven by a passion for better experiences for users, he transitioned his career into software quality assurance, where he learned the economics of building software. His expertise in building high-quality applications that align business objectives with the ever-evolving digital landscape is informed by his time understanding users and helping to deliver bug-free features.
Mr. Kokx is the founder and an active member of the online Flutter community on the Matrix chat protocol, where he contributes to the growth, development, and understanding of Flutter developers’ knowledge of industry standards and best practices. He also volunteers his time as a mentor for aspiring developers, guiding them through the nuances of building applications and troubleshooting any issues which may arise.
In his spare time, Mr. Kokx enjoys traveling and immersing himself in different cultures, always seeking inspiration for new dishes to cook at home. He is also an avid photographer, with some of his works being published in calendars, newspapers, and across the world.