Designing User Interfaces
Publishing Date: July 2021
Dimension: 7.5 x 9.25 Inches
Think about UIs using design thinking principles from an award winning graphic designer
- Practical knowledge of visual design basics and typography.
- Understand the modern UI to kick-start your career with UI designs.
- Introduces you to explore UI designs for e-commerce web applications.
From the initial introduction about the meaning behind interfaces to the technical skills of thinking and designing a modern UI, this book will guide you on designing the UI of a screen for a real-world application, infused with the newly learned knowledge with the Figma tool.
You will be able to explore and practice visual design concepts, namely, color, contrast, balance, consistency, alignments, negative space, how to approach visual impairments, and many more. You will be able to learn about one of the most critical elements of how to think about a UI for which you will explore concepts such as memory, vision, processing of info and objects, models of thinking, and more. Furthermore, you will explore the Figma tool and a live practical example of how to design a UI for an e-commerce graphic application, including its shopping cart page and adding a payment method screen.
WHAT YOU WILL LEARN
- Get familiar with the basic visual design concepts.
- Understand the fundamentals of the User Interface and User Interaction.
- An overview of Search Results, Font Psychology, and Typography.
- Learn to work with some common interface elements.
- Understand how real-time collaborative editing works in the Figma UI design tool.
WHO THIS BOOK IS FOR
This book is literally for everyone! You should only be loaded with plenty of curiosity. No previous knowledge of the field is required.
- Definition of the User Interface
- The Web and Graphic User Interfaces
- Explanation to Typography
- Visual Design Basics
- Thinking About User Interaction
- Know Your Habits
- Interfaces’ Elements
- Foreword to an E-commerce
- A Small Introduction to Figma
- Building a Shopping Cart
- Farewell and Future Considerations
Dario Calonaci is a published author and an award-winning graphic designer. After completing his Art Diploma under the Renaissance classics, he worked with brands like The Ritz-Carlton, Designers for Obama, Rio+20 (United Nations conference), and Fortune 500 companies.
His art has been published worldwide in a plethora of books, plus exhibitions from Rome to New York.
LinkedIn Profile: Dario Calonaci