Data Structures with Python
Dr. Harsh Bhasin
Authors: Dr. Harsh Bhasin
Publishing Date: 31st March 2023
Dimension: 7.5*9.25 Inches
Book Type: Paperback
Data structures are a way of organizing and storing data in a computer so that it can be accessed and manipulated efficiently. If you want to become an accomplished programmer and master this subject, then this book is for you.
The book starts by introducing you to the fascinating world of data structures and algorithms. This book will help you learn about different algorithmic techniques such as Dynamic programming, Greedy algorithms, and Backtracking, and their applications in solving various computational problems. The book will then teach you how to analyze the complexity of Recursive algorithms. Moving on, the book will help you get familiar with the concept of Linked lists, which is an important foundation for understanding other data structures, such as Stacks and Queues, which are covered in detail later in this book. The book will also teach you about advanced data structures such as Trees and Graphs, their different types, and their applications. Towards the end, the book will teach you how to use various Sorting, Searching Selection and String algorithms.
By the end of the book, you will get a comprehensive and in-depth understanding of various data structures and algorithms and their applications in solving real-world computational problems efficiently.
- Explore various data structures and algorithms and their applications.
- Learn how to use advanced data structures and algorithms to solve complex computational problems.
- An easy-to-understand guide that gives a comprehensive introduction to data structures and algorithms using the Python programming language.
WHAT YOU WILL LEARN
- Get familiar with the fundamentals of data structures such as arrays, linked lists, stacks, and queues.
- Understand the basics of algorithm analysis and complexity theory.
- Explore different approaches to the algorithm design, such as divide-and-conquer, dynamic programming, and greedy algorithms.
- Work with common data structures such as arrays, linked lists, stacks, queues, trees, heaps, and graphs.
- Discover sorting and searching algorithms, including hash tables and string algorithms.
WHO THIS BOOK IS FOR
The book is aimed at Computer Science students, Software Engineers, and anyone interested in learning about data structures and algorithms
- Introduction to Data Structures
- Design Methodologies
- Linked List
- Priority Queues
- Median and Order Statistics
- String Matching
Appendix 1: All Pairs Shortest Path
Appendix 2: Tree Traversals
Appendix 3: Dijkstra’s Shortest Path Algorithm
Appendix 4: Supplementary Questions
Dr. Harsh Bhasin is a researcher and practitioner. Dr. Bhasin is currently associated with the Center of Health Innovations, Manav Rachna Institutions. Dr. Bhasin has completed his Ph. D. in Mild Cognitive Impairment from Jawaharlal Nehru University, New Delhi. He worked as a Deep Learning consultant for various firms and taught at various Universities including Jamia Hamdard and DTU.
He has authored 11 books including Programming in C#, Oxford University Press, 2014; Algorithms, Oxford University Press, 2015; Python for Beginners, New Age International, 2018; Python Basics, Mercury, 2019; Machine Learning, BPB, 2020, to name a few.
Dr. Bhasin has authored 40 papers published in renowned journals including Alzheimer’s and Dementia, Soft Computing, BMC Medical Informatics & Decision Making, AI & Society, etc. He is the reviewer of a few renowned journals and is the editor of a few special issues. He is a recipient of a distinguished fellowship.
His areas of expertise include Deep learning, Algorithms, and Medical Imaging. Outside work, he is deeply interested in Hindi Poetry: the progressive era, and Hindustani Classical Music: percussion instruments.