Certified Kubernetes Application Developer (CKAD) Exam Success Guide
Authors: Sethumadhavan Kishore
Publishing Date: 19th Sep 2023
Dimension: 7.5*9.25 Inches
Book Type: Paperback
Want to become a Certified Kubernetes Application Developer (CKAD)? If you're looking to take your Kubernetes skills to the next level, then you need this book.
This comprehensive and easy-to-read guide is perfect for aspiring Kubernetes developers and seasoned professionals alike. It covers everything you need to know to confidently prepare for and pass the CKAD certification exam. It starts with the basics of Kubernetes, Docker, and Minikube, and then progresses to more advanced topics such as deployment strategies, pod design, networking, security, monitoring, volume, probes and more. It even includes two full scale mock exams to help you practice for the real CKAD exam.
By the end of the book, you will have the knowledge and skills you need to excel in deploying and managing containerized applications in Kubernetes environments and should feel confident to appear for the CKAD exam.
- Prepares you for the Certified Kubernetes Application Developer exam.
- Learn Tips andTricks you should be aware to pass CKAD exam like a Pro.
- Lots of hands-on examples including two full length mock exams.
- Learn core kubernetes concepts like Pods, deployment, services, volume.
- Learn advanced kubernetes concepts like Network policy, probes, service.
- Learn how to deploy Kubernetes applications using the kubectl command.
WHAT YOU WILL LEARN
- Prepare you for Certified Kubernetes Application Developer CKAD exam.
- Dive deep into Kubernetes and its core and advanced concepts.
- Explore the various kubectl commands that are essential for passing the CKAD exam.
- Learn Tips and tricks and best practices to pass the CKAD exam.
- Learn how to deploy, manage, monitor and troubleshoot Kubernetes applications.
- Lots of real CKAD exam-like questions including mock exam for you to practice and to assess your knowledge and identify areas where you need to improve.
WHO THIS BOOK IS FOR
This book is intended for anyone who is interested in taking the Certified Kubernetes application developer (CKAD) exam. The book covers core and advance Kubernetes concepts and thus is a valuable resource for developers, system administrators, and DevOps engineers who want to learn how to develop, deploy, and manage applications on Kubernetes.
- Introduction to Kubernetes, Docker, and Minikube
- What, Why, and How of CKAD Exam
- Exploring Pod, Deployment, ReplicaSet, and Namespace
- Deployment Strategies and Helm Packages
- Pod Design and Concepts
- Multi-container Pods and Design Patterns
- Kubernetes Volumes and Persistence
- Configuring Volume, Environment Variables, ConfigMap, and Secrets
- Service Accounts Resource Quota and Security Contexts
- Liveness and Readiness
- Monitoring and Debugging of Kubernetes Cluster
- Kubernetes Networking and Services
- Mock Exam 1
- Mock Exam 2
Sethumadhavan Kishore is an esteemed IT professional with over a decade of experience in the industry. He has held various roles throughout his career, including software engineer, technical lead, and software architect. Kishore is well-versed in both Java and Python programming languages and has extensive experience working with distributed systems, Kubernetes, and OpenShift.
Kishore has been deeply involved in cutting-edge technologies throughout his career, and his expertise in Kubernetes is unparalleled. With a keen understanding of containerization and orchestration, he has successfully navigated complex deployments, leveraging Kubernetes to streamline processes, optimize resource utilization, and enhance scalability.
Kishore holds various certifications in Kubernetes. He is a Certified Kubernetes Application Developer (CKAD), Certified Kubernetes Administrator (CKA) and Certified Kubernetes Security (CKS). He scored 96% in the CKAD exam.
Kishore is an Innovator, and has successfully filed patents, published technical papers, and presented at regional technical exchanges and seminars. He has a proven track record of delivering high-quality software solutions and has a deep understanding of the intricacies of building and deploying large-scale systems.
When not immersed in technology, Kishore enjoys spending time with his family, exploring the outdoors, recording technical videos for his YouTube channel and continuously expanding his horizons by diving into new areas of interest within the IT landscape.