200+ Excel Formulas and Functions
Prof. Michael McDonald
Authors: Prof. Michael McDonald
Publishing Date: 23rd May 2023
Dimension: 7.5*9.25 Inches
Book Type: Paperback
Microsoft Excel is one of the most significant and widely used tools in various professions and industries. If you want to master Excel, then this book is for you.
This book focuses on Excel formulas and functions that transform Excel from a simple spreadsheet into a dynamic and powerful analytics data source for business intelligence. The book demonstrates the formulas and functions with examples, big datasets, and storytelling scenarios. It explains how to use 200+ Excel functions and formulas to create dynamic Excel dashboards, filter relevant data, and show informative and analyzed information. The book also covers instructions on how to develop formulas by combining existing functions to obtain the necessary analysis.
After reading the book, you will be well prepared to use Excel for personal and professional tasks ranging from analyzing data to making forecasts and organizing information.
- Get familiar with some of the most useful basic and advanced features in Excel.
- Discover important Excel functions that can quickly and easily perform calculations and analysis.
- Get tips and tricks to become an expert in spreadsheets.
WHAT YOU WILL LEARN
- Build complex data-driven models using the lookup and reference functions.
- Learn how to speed up tedious and time-consuming tasks with the user-defined functions in Excel.
- Use a wide range of financial functions to perform complex financial calculations.
- Analyze data and perform various statistical calculations using the statistical functions.
- Explore and work with different mathematical functions in Excel.
WHO THIS BOOK IS FOR
This book is for everyone who uses Excel daily. It is also for business professionals, researchers, scientists, statisticians, and students who want to use Excel for managing and analyzing data.
- Getting Started with Excel
- The 10 Most Popular Functions in Excel
- Logical Functions in Excel
- Lookup and Reference Functions in Excel
- Math Functions in Excel
- Statistical Functions in Excel
- Text Functions in Excel
- Information Functions in Excel
- Financial Functions in Excel
- Date and Time Functions in Excel
- Database Functions in Excel
- Cube Functions in Excel
- Web Functions in Excel
- User-defined Functions in Excel
Prof. Michael McDonald, is a partner with Morning Investments, a boutique financial training firm. He holds a PhD in finance and his work has been published in major financial journals such as the Journal of Corporate Finance, the Journal of Fixed Income, the Pacific Basin Finance Journal, and the Journal of Behavioral Finance, and has been quoted in the Wall Street Journal, CNN, Nasdaq. com, Bloomberg, Reuters, and many other outlets. Michael’s past work experience includes working as a bond trader at Wachovia/Wells Fargo, as a quant at AQR, and in institutional investor product development for Seeking Alpha.