Wireless Communication & Networking Made Simple
Prof. Satish Jain, Vineeta Pillai
Authors: Prof. Satish Jain, Vineeta Pillai
Publishing Date: January 2007
Dimension: 24 X 18 X 1 cm
Looking for an eBook ? Click here
Great possibilities and high future prospects to become ten times folds in the near future
This book presents a detailed discussion of Wireless Communications and Networking... Chapter 1: discusses the OSE model, the significance of the layered model and higher layer protocols Chapter 2: discusses multiple access technologies of FDMA, TDMA, ALOHA and spread spectrum techniques. Chapter 3: a detailed explanation is given on cellular telephone and mobile data networks Chapter 4: gives details of the architecture of personal wireless communications system etc. Chapter 5&6: describe the 2G and 3G systems for global system mobile communication (GSM) A discussion is also made on CDMA system. Chapter 7-9: deal with wireless Local Area Networks discussing MACA and MCAW protocols. Chapter 10: is specially designed to describe VSAT systems and Networks security including cryptography. Special
Special Features: -
- Mobile Handoff Management is explained in easy to understand the language
- IMT-2000, W-CDMA and CDMA 2000 are discussed with an ample number of illustrations.
- Digital sequence spread spectrum technology (DSSS) and FHSS are described with suitable examples.
- WAP and Bluetooth technology are added for a complete comprehension of wireless system connectivity.
- A comprehensive index is added for easy access o the subject matter.
- A Glossary of numerous technical terms is included for an easy understanding of the subject matter.
· Comprehensively gives a clear picture of the current state-of-the-art aspect of cloud computing by elaborating terminologies, models and other related terms.
· Enlightens all major players in the Cloud Computing industry providing services in terms of SaaS, PaaS, and IaaS.
· Highlights Cloud Computing Simulators, Security Aspect, and Resource Allocation.
· In-depth presentation with well-illustrated diagrams and simple to understand the technical concepts of the cloud.
- Overview of Computer Networks
- Multiple Access Technologies for Wireless Communication
- Mobile Data Communication
- Personal Wireless Communication systems
- Digital Cellular Systems and Standards (2G)
- Third Generation Mobile Services (3G)
- Wireless Local Area Networks
- Wireless Application Protocol
- Wireless in Local Loop
- VSAT Systems and Networks Security