|Book Title||Undocumented DOS Through C Yashavant Kanetkar|
|Date Published||Sep 29, 2017|
Author: Yashavant Kanetkar
- Language: English
- Binding: Paperback
- Publisher: BPB Publications
- ISBN: 817029519X
- Pages: 304
- Dimension: 21.5 X 15 X 1.5 cm
Knowing about undocumented features of DOS allows programmers to dramatically speed up the execution time of their programs. Undocumented DOS through C reveals the undocumented or difficult to –find features o critical MS- DOS data structures in MS.DOS explained in detail, followed by C source code for putting this knowledge to use.
This book includes :
- Detailed coverage of List .Job File Table,Arena Headers ,CDs and DPB .
- Tracing and manipulating the DPB,Buffer and the Device chains.
- Memory organisation o DOS including Upper Memory Blocks and DOS subsegments.
- Writing TSRs using swappable Data Area.
- Installing /Deinstalling TSRs
- An independent chapter on putting Undocumented DOS to real life use.
Table Of Contents:
Chapter 0 : Advanced Concepts In C
Chapter 1 : Where Eagles Dare!
Chapter 2 : The DOS List Of Lists
Chapter 3 : MS-DOS Resource Management
Chapter 4 : Terminate and Stay Resident Programs
Chapter 5 : Using Undocumented DOS