|Book Title||Planning & Control Using ORACLE PRIMAVERA P6 Versions 8, 15 and 16 EPPM Web By Paul E. Harris|
|Date Published||Sep 29, 2017|
Author: Paul E. Harris
- Language: English
- Binding: Paperback
- Publisher: BPB Publications
- ISBN: 9788183334990
- Edition: 2016
- Pages: 365
- Dimension: 23 X 15 X 2 cm
The book is aimed at:
- People who wish learn the software but are unable to attend a training course and find the software reference manual hard going.
- Project management companies who wish to run their own software training courses or provide their employees with an alternative text to the vendor supplied user manual.
- Training organizations requiring a training manual to run their own training courses.
This book is a PMI Approved course and instructors PowerPoint slide shows are available to training organizations. PMI REPs may apply to have this course licensed to them and award 14 PDUs to each attendee.
Primavera Systems Inc. originally asked the author to write this book and this publication is ideal for people who would like to gain an understanding of how the software operates up to an intermediate level.
It covers the Primavera Versions 8, 15 and 16 EPPM Web tool. It explains some of the differences from the Professional tool, SureTrak, P3, Microsoft Project and Asta Powerproject to assist people converting form other products.
The book is designed to teach planners and schedulers in any industry how to setup and use the software in a project environment. It explains in plain English and in a logical sequence, the steps required to create and maintain an unresourced and resourced schedule. It tackles some of the more complex aspects of the software that the user manual does not address. It highlights the sources of information and the methods that should be employed to produce a realistic and useful project schedule.
This book is written by an experienced scheduler, who has used the software at the sharp end of projects and is not a techo. It draws on the author's practical experience in using the software in a wide variety of industries. It presents workable solutions to real day to day planning and scheduling problems and contains practical advice on how to set up the software and import data.
About the Author:
Paul Harris holds an Honours Degree in Civil Engineering obtained in the UK and is a Certified Cost Engineer through AACEI International, a PRINCE2 Registered Practitioner and a “Managing Successful Programmes” Registered Practitioner. He has worked in the project controls industry for a number of years and has assisted many companies in a range of industries to set up and run project controls systems. His Melbourne, Australia based company, Eastwood Harris Pty Ltd, offers project controls consulting and training services worldwide with a strong focus on Microsoft Project and Primavera software.
- Creating a Project Plan
- Starting Up and Navigation
- Creating a New Project
- Defining Calendars
- Creating a Primavera Project WBS
- Adding Activities and Organizing under the WBS
- Formatting the Activity Window and Views
- Adding Relationships
- Activity Network View
- Printing and Reports
- Scheduling Options and setting a baseline
- Updating an un-resourced Schedule
- Administer Menu
- Creating Roles and Resources
- Assigning Roles, Resources and Expenses
- Resource Optimization
- Updating a Resourced Schedule
- Other methods of Organized Project Data