Numerical Analysis - A Programming Approach By Vinay Vachharajani
|Book Title||Numerical Analysis - A Programming Approach By Vinay Vachharajani|
|Date Published||Sep 29, 2017|
Author: Vinay Vachharajani
- Language: English
- Binding: Paperback
- Publisher: BPB Publications
- ISBN: 9788183335515
- Edition: 2017
- Pages: 577
- Dimension: 23 X 15 X 3 cm
This book is Designed to serve as a text book for the undergraduate as well as post graduate students of Mathematics, Engineering, Computer Science.
- Concept of numbers and their accuracy, binary and decimal number system, limitations of floating point representation.
- Concept of error and their types, propagation of errors through process graph.
- Iterative methods for finding the roots of algebraic and transcendental equations with their convergence, methods to solve the set of non-linear equations, methods to obtain complex roots.
- Concept of matrices, the direct and iterative methods to solve a system of linear algebraic equations.
- Finite differences, interpolation and extrapolation methods, cubic spline, concept of curve fitting.
- Differentiation and integration methods.
- Solution of ordinary and partial differential equations
- Chapters include objectives, learning outcomes, multiple choice questions, exercises for practice and solutions.
- Programs are written in C Language for Numerical methods.
- Topics are explained with suitable examples.
- Arrangement (Logical order), clarity, detailed presentation and explanation of each topic with numerous solved and unsolved examples.
- Concise but lucid and student friendly presentation for derivation of formulas used in various numerical methods.
Table Of Contents:
- Computer Arithmetic
- Error Analysis
- Solution of Algebraic and Transcendental Equations
- Solution of System of Linear Equations and Eigen value Problems
- Finite Differences
- Curve Fitting and Approximation
- Numerical Differentiation
- Numerical Integration
- Difference Equations
- Numerical Solution of Ordinary Differential Equations
- Numerical Solution of Partial Differential Equations
- Appendix – I Case Studies / Applications
- Appendix - II Synthetic Division